WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lightheart Tent

Images

Default LightHeart Colors

Quote Originally Posted by mykl View Post
    besides the standard grey, what colors are the solo and duo available in?
    The Duo is available only in gray with a black floor.
    The Solo is available in any color I can get the fabric in; Hot Pink to Forest Green, Lemon yellow to sky blue etc etc.

If you have a specific color you are interested in email me and I'll let you know.
    Judy

Section Hiker - 339.8 miles - I'm gettin' there! papa john's Avatar
    Images

Do you need adjustable hiking poles to use this? Mine are 130cm non-adjustable poles. I really like this tent!
    Papa John

Default LightHeart Tent

You don't need to have adjustable hiking poles to use this tent. If your poles really are 130 cm long, they should work.

Section Hiker - 339.8 miles - I'm gettin' there! papa john's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
    You don't need to have adjustable hiking poles to use this tent. If your poles really are 130 cm long, they should work.
    Thanks. I went back and checked and they are 120cm. I'd have to figure out a 4" extension.
    Papa John

Images

The LightHeart Duo is in stock (finally) I'm going out today to try and get some good pictures of it to post on the website.

The fabric of the Duo is still the 1.1 oz sil-nylon, but it has a waterproof rating of about 3 times that of most sil-nylon found here. it has a hydrostatic head of 3500 mm water. the gray Solo's now have that same fabric (I'm no longer sewing them myself). I will still make the colored solo's and can put in different colored floors if people don't want a black floor.

See you all at Trail Days.
    HeartFire

Images

I have new photos of both tents up on the website
    http://lightheartgear.com/photos.html

As I have seen the tent, I have agreed the successful of one tent is trough hiking. Your tent would certainly justify a close look! I really liked the weight! Good luck you more!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    I have new photos of both tents up on the website
    http://lightheartgear.com/photos.html

Judy - the new pictures look great. I do see two new features that I didn't get on my tent that are worth noting.

It looks like you added some velcro straps to secure the spreader bar, is that correct? If so that is a great addition (I'm trying to figure out how to add that to mine).

Also - it looks like a small pocket has been added for small gear... Another great addition.

With these new features are you still at 26 oz?

Thanks,

Mike

Images

I can't keep up with production of the tent by myself, so I'm now having the tent manufactured for me - I will still make the colored ones, just not the gray ones. The manufacture is putting in the pocket and velcro (which I really really don't think is needed, but some people thought it should be there. Along with that, the extra tie outs and the reinforcements for the tie outs has raised the weight by one ounce.
    So, the weight now will range from 26 to 27 ounces.
    Judy

I'm bumping this thread due to the need of next year's "Thrubies" potential need for lightweight shelter.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Good to bump. I'm still very pleased with mine, other than the color.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...st-Impressions
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Images

Our end of year sale will start soon after Thanksgiving
    Judy - LightHeart Gear

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlebwill View Post
    Judy - the new pictures look great. I do see two new features that I didn't get on my tent that are worth noting.

It looks like you added some velcro straps to secure the spreader bar, is that correct? If so that is a great addition (I'm trying to figure out how to add that to mine).

Also - it looks like a small pocket has been added for small gear... Another great addition.

With these new features are you still at 26 oz?

Thanks,

Mike
    I've got a cuben solo.

One advantage of cuben is that duct tape will stick to it. I used a strop to help hold the spreader bar in place and it works great.

I'd like to see the spreader bar inserted into a sleeve to hold it in place instead of velcro straps. Hint... hint...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    I've got a cuben solo.

One advantage of cuben is that duct tape will stick to it. I used a strop to help hold the spreader bar in place and it works great.

I'd like to see the spreader bar inserted into a sleeve to hold it in place instead of velcro straps. Hint... hint...
    putting a 'sleeve' in for the ridge pole is a lot more complicated than you would think. The last seam on the Solo is putting the 2 half sides together along the ridge line. If I were to put a sleeve in after I sewed this seam, it would be just way too much trouble - I'd have to raise the price of the tent due to the difficulty in sewing that in correctly! Seriously - it would not be impossible, but would be VERY awkward to work with and do it nicely so that it is properly secured. - so nope, I'm not about to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    Seriously - it would not be impossible, but would be VERY awkward to work with and do it nicely so that it is properly secured. - so nope, I'm not about to do it.

Well.. I guess electricity and running water is out of the question then?

I could make a sleeve easy enough with some velcro and a piece of cuben material if it were that important. Duct tape works fine on mine and it gives it that "look"... Nothing like seeing something with duct tape stuck on it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Well.. I guess electricity and running water is out of the question then?

.................Nothing like seeing something with duct tape stuck on it.
    Got THAT right - you haven't seen my mother-in-law...........ooops. Wrong thread - never mind.

A sleeve would be cool, but not at an added price. I'm just worried I'm gonna get to camp and find out I left it behind. I need to spray paint it bright orange or red, I think.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Don't remove the spreader bar. Leave it affixed with the straps and roll it up with the tent.

That's what I do anyway.

I also need to change what I said because it's not quite right. I put a strip of duct tape on the tent above the spreader bar so if my hiking pole slipped out or if I missed I wouldn't poke a hole in the tent.

The bar itself is just held in place with the two straps.

Images

10K - Why are you worried about your poles slipping out of the ridge pole? They should fit very snuggly into it. We ask what trekking poles people use because some brands - Black Diamond, REI, & Komperdell the tips are a little fatter than Leki's, and we have to do a slight modification to the ridge pole to fit those other brands. That is the only reason a trekking pole might slip out.

Judy - LightHeart Gear

Images

BTW, I will also be offering the SoLong 6 tent , now with a "standard" or stock version. These are manufactured here in North Carolina. 'Made in the USA' - I got it loud and clear after I had the Solo & Duo made in China. There will be 2 color options in the stock tent, forest green tent with a tan floor or tan tet with a forest green floor. It will have 2 doors, and an awning on one side. There is a zipper in the awning over the door so that a) you don't have to crawl under the awning to get in and out, b) if the awning is shut for a storm, you can unzip it to get out. - no more fiddling with the loops in the caribiner The fly comes down almost to the ground in the corners to provide greater protection from rain. The overal size of the tent has not changed, there are 2 ridge vents, line locks on all 4 corners and the fly's.

After all the negative comments I got about having things made in China, and i know we had a long thread somewhere on White Blaze about this, which I thought was interesting because many people gave kudos to SMD for outsourcing to China, but I just got a lot of flack - Anyway, I promised not to do it again, and, since there isn't a decent place to get small quantities of items manufactured here in the USA, I decided to make that happen. I just opened a new business, Excelsior Sewing. I am specializing in small businesses. Sewing small quantities at an affordable price I will sew just 20 items for a company if thats all they want. I've been open for about a month, and already am getting in more business than I can handle.

Judy
    LightHeart Gear

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++