WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I would like to purchase one of these stoves also. Please send me ordering instructions

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
    I would like to purchase one of these stoves also. Please send me ordering instructions
    Be glad to send you a PM with instructions. Thank You for your interest in the design. I still have some left.

I'd like one where do I get one?
    "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Journal Entries
    Images

Zelph should be getting his Venom bottles Monday or Tuesday. Maybe he can make stoves tall enough to include the logo.
    "Keep moving: death is very, very still."
    ---Lily Wagner (nee Hennessy)

Images

Choco and Blue Wolf a message has been sent

The Venom bottles are peeking some interest I have not even seen them on the shelves locally Not trying hard enough I'll make some stoves up as soon as they arrive and post the photos. I still owe you all a video on how to convert the stove to Coleman Fuel/white gas for the Euro viewers.

I'm in the midst of Christmas activities. Hope you are also!!!!

Im torn though. I really like the Starlyte setup with the greasepot and the angked windscreen. Really have enjoyed the Starlyte.

Zelph, Nice ideas. I made one like your colbalt( the one w/ the screen sandwiched) but I extended the inner piece 3/4 inch high to act as a pot holder for the Heini Can( like your budlite superstove). This little thing works great. 1/4 oz fuel boil 1 cup water, 1/2 or less does 2 cups. Only offset is the weight well over 1 oz to my cat stove. Nontheless great stove that I plan on using. Thanks!!!

Images

Chaco Toco, I'll have the grease pot kits available next week....that set-up really works well. Everyone knows I get sidetracked...I think everyone knows that this stove selling thing is just a hobby, I make them available for the fun of it.

Bags4266, you made the "Acorn" stove, the one that "Just tinkering" designed, right????

I did the video on the modification so it will burn Coleman fuel. Do not use coleman fuel until complete instructions are given by me on how to fully use it. This video is just an overview to show how the fuel burns in it. Caution is of the utmost when using this type of fuel.

I've boiled 2 cups of 30 degree water in 35 degree air temperatures using just 1/3 oz of fuel, 10ml of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Chaco Toco, I'll have the grease pot kits available next week....that set-up really works well. Everyone knows I get sidetracked...I think everyone knows that this stove selling thing is just a hobby, I make them available for the fun of it.

Bags4266, you made the "Acorn" stove, the one that "Just tinkering" designed, right????

I did the video on the modification so it will burn Coleman fuel. Do not use coleman fuel until complete instructions are given by me on how to fully use it. This video is just an overview to show how the fuel burns in it. Caution is of the utmost when using this type of fuel.

I've boiled 2 cups of 30 degree water in 35 degree air temperatures using just 1/3 oz of fuel, 10ml of fuel.

How much does the whole kit weigh????

Will this white gas modification also burn unleaded gas?
    Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
    Will this white gas modification also burn unleaded gas?
    No, won't do unleaded maybe E85. I have to try some E85 when I get a chance.

Choco Toco, Weight of stove, windscreen and fuel bottle is 2.7 ounces

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    No, won't do unleaded maybe E85. I have to try some E85 when I get a chance.

Choco Toco, Weight of stove, windscreen and fuel bottle is 2.7 ounces
    Perfect, let me know when you have some of the Starlytes with the windscreen, and grease pot.

Default questions and answers

I already know I would like a blue one for alcohol and a red one for white gas.

I already wanted to have a Vargo Titanium Sierra 750 Cup and titanium foil from Titanium Goat to make a caldera clone discussed elsewhere in the forum so I could have alcohol, WetFire, and a twiggy fire.

Now, it looks like I can have a true multi-fuel cooking system: white gas and also diesel.

If I understand the Zellph YouTube video.

I have questions:

Isn't it too hot to pick up and adjust to simmer after boiling water?

Does diameter of the aluminum can matter?

Does the thickness of the aluminum can matter?

I went to the convenience store looking for the Venom aluminum cans because the grocery store didn't have the Venom energy drink. There are a lot of very nice looking aluminum energy drinks, coffee drinks, soda pop and beer cans. How about a Starbucks can? Will it work?

I haven't done any of this, yet, just thinking...

Kroger's carries the Venom around here (metro ATL) while most of the convenience stores in high crime/low income areas have the Venom in all 4 colors. It is a very durable bottle, similar to the gauge on some of the "new" water bottles out there. I've made several stoves using the Venom and it is the toughest I've found.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    I already know I would like a blue one for alcohol and a red one for white gas.

Now, it looks like I can have a true multi-fuel cooking system: white gas and also diesel.

If I understand the Zellph YouTube video.

I have questions:

Isn't it too hot to pick up and adjust to simmer after boiling water?

Does diameter of the aluminum can matter?

Does the thickness of the aluminum can matter?

I have not tried diesel fuel, it has an additive to prevent gelling in winter time conditions. Low odor mineral spirits works. In the summer you'll be able to use the liquid fuel used for food tray warming, chafer fuel.

Yes the stove is too hot to pick up after boiling. Take the pot off and hold the stove firm with tent stake or whatever is available to make the adjustment. The simmer adjustment was to show it has the abilities to simmer. I do not furnish the simmer rings. It would be a DIY project.

If you make an Acorn stove, can thickness won't matter.

Yea Zelph, my bad. It was a acorn. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by bishopj View Post
    If you are out hiking in Feb how long would it take it to boil two cup of water
    at 32 deg.
    IME, all these "super efficient" kitchen counter stoves take about an ounce to boil a pint of cold water, especially this time of year. If you carry less fuel than this, you'll be eating cold food at the end of a hike.

Zelph,

Mineral spirits are found in hardware stores: more multi-fuel options.

Chafer fuel is liquid paraffin?

How does one make a simmer ring?

The inner diameter would have to match the outer diameter of your BudLyte Super Stove to slide over the outside.

I don't plan on making stoves. I am not skilled at that sort of thing.

Besides it is really clear from the pictures, and the video, you have made the BudLyte Super Stove double-wall and it has a wick insert.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bishopj View Post
    If you are out hiking in Feb how long would it take it to boil two cup of water
    at 32 deg.
    Using the Super Stove and a windscreen that reaches to the top rim of your pot and also using denatured Alcohol, you should get the boil with 3/4 ounce of fuel 20ml. You also have to use my 2.5 cup aluminum pot

Lots of variables in the use of alcohol stoves.

mkmangold, I received the Venom bottles. It was like opening a Christmas Present The size is not convertable into a Super Stove. The diameter is larger and the height is shorter. I'll make a die to convert them into something similar. Not right away, but it will get done. We might have to call them "The Antidote"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    Zelph,

Mineral spirits are found in hardware stores: more multi-fuel options.

Chafer fuel is liquid paraffin?

How does one make a simmer ring?

The inner diameter would have to match the outer diameter of your BudLyte Super Stove to slide over the outside.

I don't plan on making stoves. I am not skilled at that sort of thing.

Besides it is really clear from the pictures, and the video, you have made the BudLyte Super Stove double-wall and it has a wick insert.
    I can make you a simmer ring out of an aluminum bottle and include it with your stove.

Take a look at this site for more information on liquid chafer fuel.

Yes, the cobalt Blue Soloist has fiberglass cloth between the potstand and the wall of the stove. I makes for the tight fit of the potstand so it wont fall out and it withstands the high heat.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++