WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Great Deal on Smartwool Socks - $3/Pair

Was passing thru Cleveland TN yesterday and decided to stop at the Charleston Hosiery factory store and see if they had any smartwool socks available.

Picked up 12 pair of overstocks for $3 a pair. Other than being stamped "Not For Resale" on the bottom of the sock, I couldn't tell these from a pair I got at REI a few months back.

FYI...You're limited to 12 pair per month on Smartwools

If you're in the Cleveland area (just north of Chattanooga), and need some Smartwools, drop by the factory store located at:

Charleston Hosiery Inc - www.renfro.com
    4405 Michigan Avenue Rd NE, Cleveland - (423) 339-0598

Images

Can they ship you think? Sierra trading post has them for about 6 bucks and there's another site that sells them 10 at a time for a slightly better deal but Im still trying to decide what I want to do.

Images

Do you know if they were samples given to the company? That's usually what not for resale means. I could care less about trademark laws but I would be concerned if they are flawed and were considered goodwill, thus disposed of.

El Sordo
    Images

The socks are made there and are overruns or discontinued items. They don't ship and they close at 3PM sharp. Get there at 3:01 and you'll find the door locked. There are quite a few different kinds of socks including John Deere and diabetic socks. What you see is what you get as far as styles and colors. They had to print "not for resale" on the socks because people were buying them in bulk and then reselling on EBay. Smartwool threatened to pull the contract from the mill unless they found a way to stop that. You have to sign for the socks when you buy them and I suppose there is a limit to how many.
    Dyslexics Untie!

They had a pretty good selection of styles and sizes yesterday. It varies daily/weekly by style, size, etc.. The lady at the counter said they were all over runs.

All are priced at $3 a pair and you're limited to 12 pair per month per person. You also have to sign for them.

Most of their other socks were priced at $.50, $1.00, or $1.50 a pair

The one's I picked up were the heavy cushion hiker, trekking, and mountaineering varieties (4 of each)

If you're in the area, $3 a pair isn't a bad price to pay for Smartwools....

++ New Posts ++