WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hip belt problem.

The hip belt of this Jansport Big Bear 82 pack is well padded but has a seam with a hard edge that sticks out 1 cm. It's like a knife digging into my hip, hard enough to bruise when the pack is full.

Does anyone have a pack with a similar hip belt design? Any tips on how to wear it comfortably?

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Cut it out completely. Take to a taylor or try to do it yourself. If lt is cutting like a knife that will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Tortuga View Post
    Cut it out completely. Take to a taylor or try to do it yourself. If lt is cutting like a knife that will solve the problem.
    My suggestion is along these same lines. I recently had an issue with a boot that was fixed by a shoemaker. He looked at it and 1-2-3 knew just where to stitch to solve the problem. His shop was full of luggage, and he told me he did lots of work on zippers, luggage handles and carry belts, etc. A shoe and luggage repair place might be able to fix that for you. Check the yellow pages.

Images

On Northland BLVD in Springdale (By Rte 4 just S of 275) is a shoe repair guy that may be able to help. Or, maybe I could look at it & sort something out, may also be a fit issue. PM if you need further help.

Quote Originally Posted by summermike View Post
    The hip belt of this Jansport Big Bear 82 pack is well padded but has a seam with a hard edge that sticks out 1 cm. It's like a knife digging into my hip, hard enough to bruise when the pack is full.

Does anyone have a pack with a similar hip belt design? Any tips on how to wear it comfortably?

Curse you Perry the Platypus!

++ New Posts ++