WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Perfect Lid for you Snow Peak 600

I've tried aluminum foil, baking sheets, can bottoms, tooling foil, and just about everything to make a lid for my Snow Peak 600 but I think I've finally got the perfect lid. Click here. Let me know what you think. I've also got some lids on the way to replace the Trek 700 and 900 lids (which are way too heavy).
    BackpackFlyfishing.com
    Tight lines, light packs!

Gear Talk with Jason Klass
    There is no such thing as having too many sporks!

Why can't I edit my own post?
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

Sweet! Let me know when the lids for the 700 are ready.

I think you should actually pay to advertise here, spammer.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jasonklass View Post
    Why can't I edit my own post?
    You aren't a Donating member.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    It's a fine line. In this case, Jasonklass has been a WhiteBlaze participant since 2005 and has over 200 posts, none of which appear to be advertising his products. There are other long-time members who have transitioned into selling items.

I would like to suggest that he make a donation of at least $20 to WhiteBlaze (see upper right) so he can at least edit his posts! I'd also suggest that he make it very clear that he has a vested interest in people linking to his site and purchasing his wares.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

I was asked by members of several forums (including this one) to post an announcement IN THE FORUMS when the lids were ready. So that's what I did. Please get all the facts before accusing someone of being a spammer.
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

Hey, Jason, I've always been impressed with and inspired by your gear and your website and I ran across a video you made on YouTube the other day by accident.

Comment about this lid: If the regular lid weighs 0.6 oz and the lid with holes weighs 0.5 oz that would imply that the material removed when the holes are made weigh 0.1 oz. or about 15% of the total yet visually it is significantly less area than 15%. So it might be better to give the weight in grams because that seems off probably due to rounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Hey, Jason, I've always been impressed with and inspired by your gear and your website and I ran across a video you made on YouTube the other day by accident.

Comment about this lid: If the regular lid weighs 0.6 oz and the lid with holes weighs 0.5 oz that would imply that the material removed when the holes are made weigh 0.1 oz. or about 15% of the total yet visually it is significantly less area than 15%. So it might be better to give the weight in grams because that seems off probably due to rounding.
    Thanks! You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, my scale only does ounces so it wouldn't be accurate for me to translate it to grams. I should get a better scale because this one probably is rounding. Do you have recommendations for a good scale that's not too expensive?
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

The trail is childhood reborn. Simple, carefree, and full of Wonders Captn's Avatar
    Images

Hey Jason ... cool lids.

Did you ever start selling your Klasslite stove?

Oh ... and I doubt that Jason is making very much, if any, profit here guys.

If you check out his web site you'll find that he's made a bunch of video's and posted instructions for how to make all kinds of stuff.

I think he's far from being a Spammer .... just another hiking buff that is excited to offer his knowledge as well as discoveries on the web.

Thanks! You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, my scale only does ounces so it wouldn't be accurate for me to translate it to grams. I should get a better scale because this one probably is rounding. Do you have recommendations for a good scale that's not too expensive?
    Yes, any post office should have one in the lobby. If it is so small they don't, just go when they're not busy and ask the clerk to weigh it for you. Since you mail them that's perfectly legit.

Jason is far from a spammer.

Good luck with the lids, looks like a great product.

Jason:

Very clever and nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captn View Post
    Hey Jason ... cool lids.

Did you ever start selling your Klasslite stove?

Oh ... and I doubt that Jason is making very much, if any, profit here guys.

If you check out his web site you'll find that he's made a bunch of video's and posted instructions for how to make all kinds of stuff.

I think he's far from being a Spammer .... just another hiking buff that is excited to offer his knowledge as well as discoveries on the web.
    Hey Captn,
    Thanks! No, I'm making almost nothing off the lids. I just want to make them available to people who don't have the tools to make them themselves. I still have to buy them, take orders, pack them up, ship them out, etc. It's really more work than it's worth but I need to cover the basic costs. Basically, people have wanted real lids for the 600 for years and I found a relatively easy way to do it. So, why not?

As for the Klasslite stove, it's so easy to make, I would feel guilty charging for it. It's not like the lids where you need dies and a press, etc. Plus, the tea light's capacity is small for people at lower elevations so I find it doesn't work for everyone. A wedding tin would work much better.
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

I was asked by members of several forums (including this one) to post an announcement IN THE FORUMS when the lids were ready. So that's what I did. Please get all the facts before accusing someone of being a spammer.
    I apologise.

I apologise.
    No worries man!
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Jason is far from a spammer.

Good luck with the lids, looks like a great product.
    ditto. good vids too

UPDATE: The Snow Peak Trek 700 and 900 lids are now online.
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

i say that if you have something to offer.... why not turn a profit? Jason, you have my respect and you seem very giving. good luck with your ideas!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyominglostandfound View Post
    i say that if you have something to offer.... why not turn a profit? Jason, you have my respect and you seem very giving. good luck with your ideas!!!!
    Thanks man! The truth is, if you knew how much I actually make off of each lid, you'd probably be shocked. After paying for the inventory, buying the shipping materials, addressing the packages, assembling the handles (yes, I do that myself and have the blisters to prove it), standing in line at the post office, I don't even make enough to buy a Starbucks latte. I'm not trying to make myself out to be a saint or anything but I think many people don't really appreciate all the work that goes into getting a niche product into the hands of the fanatics as much as you do. I really appreciate your support.
    BackpackFlyfishing.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++