WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As above just buy from a company with a good return Policy.
    Over the year I have returned or exchanged probably 10-15 sleeping bags.

If you want a cheap down bag get a campmor 20dF bag but be sure to test it out before you head out. 2#4oz

The REI radiant looks decent too, but a tad heavy at 3#

If you want a cheap synthetic bag try out a Eureka Casper 15dF bag. About $75.
    I had one and its very narrow, but it is warm and fairly light. Bulky though. 2#15oz

If you want very roomy, light and warm get a Montbell #1 SS UL 800 15dF.
    Expensive but worth it IMO. It has enough room you can wear a lot of layers. 2#4oz
    Its a hugger so its very warm.

If you want a more expensive synthetic bag you could try a Mountain hardware ultra lamina 20dF. 3#

If you want ultralight have Tim Marshall over at BPL build you a down quilt.

Another option would be to buy a top of the line down bag used and save some $.

You stated that you wanted to spend less than $200.00. Look hard at the Kelty Light Year bags. We own three of them, and we like them a lot.

Many people complain about the lack of full length zipper. My solution is to unzip it as far as I can. Then I put my feet in and pull the bag over me rather than getting in. Very much like a quilt. The half length zipper is not an issue for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++