WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Pot for Pocket Rocket??

For one person, who has a good appetite what is the best pot for use with a Pocket Rocket? Thanks!
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Journal Entries
    Images

One that nests and you can put the canister inside and fit the rocket. Simply go to a EMS store grab the demo rocket & empty canister and walk over to the pots. dry test fit it.

I will admit I lucked out as REI had a combo when I purchased mine.

http://www.rei.com/product/764178
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Formerly "Totem"
    Images

I use the GSI Soloist with a collapsible silicone Sea to Summit X-Mug, a 3.5oz Snow Peak Gigapower Isobutane / Propane Canister or a jetboil canister, The Pocket Rocket, a Bic Lighter and a slightly bent Snowpeak Titanium Spork.

All fits inside the soloist.

But mostly I boil water with it.
    up over the hills, theres nothing to fear
    theres a pub across the way with whisky and beer
    its a lengthy journey on the way up to the top
    but it ain't so bad if you have a great big bottle o'scotch

Images

Well, MSR makes one that works perfect, but its rather expensive ($50-60). I've got the same GSI pot that is now part of the systems called soloist/dualist, and it works very well.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scope View Post
    Well, MSR makes one that works perfect, but its rather expensive ($50-60). I've got the same GSI pot that is now part of the systems called soloist/dualist, and it works very well.

Closeout:::::
    http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/796489
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

I have the REI version or what wise old owl posted. It works great, the ridges on the bottom of the pan grip real well to the pocket rocket. You can cook dogs and pancakes no problem, just watch how high you have the flame.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I used a SNowpeak titanium 900 for individual use. For my son and I, we went the step up to the bigger set.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

I use the MSR duralite set with my pocket rocket. A big fuel canister, the pocket rocket, the pot holder, a bic lighter, a small salt and pepper shaker, a spork, a small container of oliver oil and a spork all fit within the biggest pot in that set - no joke.
    Cabin Fever
    You need God—to hope, to care, to love, to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    For one person, who has a good appetite what is the best pot for use with a Pocket Rocket? Thanks!
    played with one for awhile. didn't like curved bottom pots. they were easily toppled. flat bottomed pots sat very well.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

MSR Titan Kettle, the perfect companion to the Pocket Rocket. It's what I used before I went with an alky stove and it's still a great combination.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Does anyone know of a small solo pot that has a lid that will double as a frying pan? I so want to be able to cook me up some pancakes every now and then...

Images

I use the Vargo Ti-lite mug. It has a lid with strainer holes. I love it.

http://www.prolitegear.com/cgi-bin/p...o-titanium-mug
    It's a great day to be alive !

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    MSR Titan Kettle, the perfect companion to the Pocket Rocket. It's what I used before I went with an alky stove and it's still a great combination.
    me too........
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

For several years now I've used the 1.5 liter "Accessory" pot that Jet Boil sells. It's probably bigger and heavier than some folks might want, but for cooking large meals, it's great, plus because of the unique design, it heats up VERY quickly. Plus, even tho it was obviously designed to work with a JB system, it works fine with other stoves including small canninster stoves.

Journal Entries
    Images

thanks for all the good suggestions. I just did not want to do the legwork right now. Thanks Wise Old Owl, I bought one of the sets. Looks like it will work great no matter what stove I actually end up doing a thru hike with. Thanks again.
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)

For one person, who has a good appetite what is the best pot for use for a Pocket Rocket? Thanks!
    Hmmm....only the best!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStover View Post
    Does anyone know of a small solo pot that has a lid that will double as a frying pan? I so want to be able to cook me up some pancakes every now and then...
    any of the small ti sets should have a lid/frying pan. i use mine for pancakes just fine.

Images

get one that boils 2 cups water, is as lite as possible and your good to go. msr titanium kettle pot is nice but pricey.....peace out

P.S. dont go bananas over a pot

Journal Entries
    Images

thanks for all the good suggestions. I just did not want to do the legwork right now. Thanks Wise Old Owl, I bought one of the sets. Looks like it will work great no matter what stove I actually end up doing a thru hike with. Thanks again.
    Yup I went to the basement and measured the cannister, I hope it works out for you.

Woo

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

I'll try it out when I receive it in the mail. Cold weather is pretty much here so it will be fun. Although its not REALLY cold, but will be soon. Thanks again for the heads up. That was a real steal for the money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++