Default Wet Sections/Good Dry Starting Point

Wondering what sections of the Florida Trail are traditionally wet? I don't want to wade through water/have my trail runners sucked off in the mud over and over again. What are wet sections to skip? I've read the very beginning is very wet... If I started at the Oasis Visitor Center would I be OK? and what are the conditions through Big Cypress? I would like to avoid getting my feet soaked as much as possible and would just like to generally know what sections of the Florida Trail to avoid? I'm not going to hike the whole thing end to end but just plan on exploring up the trail skipping any dull/wet parts. I def do not want to have a wet start and am open to skipping as much of the beginning as necessary.

what i've heard is the southern first 40 miles are really wet, what i would do is not skip that section but instead do it last, making for a challenging and rewarding end to your hike

Images

Yes, it is much dryer north of Oasis Visitors Center.

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

As of December 2009 the Big Cypress was about ankle to mid-calf deep. The Tosohatchee area is usually ankle deep, I was just up in Apalachicola/Bradwell Bay area and it was waist deep.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

++ New Posts ++