WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sixmoondesigns

I have the Gatewood Cape and am loving it the more I use it. Every interaction with this company has been great.

Images

I just completed a SOBO thru hike with the Starlite pack and it performed perfectly. I could not be more pleased. I did have to send it back to have the top seam re-stitched (where the hanging loop and load lifters are). I attribute this to carrying too much weight initially in Maine, 100 mile wilderness, etc. Once re-stitched, the seam never had any issues again. More important was the customer service that I received in this process. They sent a loaner pack to me where I was along the trail so that I could keep hiking while waiting for the repair to my pack, then they sent the repaired pack to me where I was along the trail a week later. I didn't miss a moment of hiking time. I wouldn't hesitate to do another long distance hike with the same pack. It still has many miles of life left in it.

Default Six Moon Designs

I have both a Starlite and a ULA Ohm and like them both. The main difference for me is that the Starlite will carry more volume and will also handle 30# easily. My wife and I also have a Lunar Duo and it is palatial for two people and you each have a door to get out during those nightly exits. My wife has the ULA Circuit and so do a couple of her friends. They really like them.

I have the Starlite pack which I really like. Also have the Lunar Solo, but I can never seem to get it set up properly without the back corners coming all the way down to the ground.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by echoes View Post
    Also have the Lunar Solo, but I can never seem to get it set up properly without the back corners coming all the way down to the ground.
    It sounds like you're not using the 8" Easton aluminum stakes, which when pushed halfway in give you enough height to keep the upper fly above the floor and increase air circulation.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

I'm another big fan of Six Moon Design's Lunar Solo tent - if you opt for the lighter weight bathtub floor version - your real tent - enclosed and with floor is 23 oz. Downside is the floor is super slippery and if you dont camp on level ground you may wake up in a fetal position in a lower corner of the tent. Still love it though!

Hike smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by echoes View Post
    I have the Starlite pack which I really like. Also have the Lunar Solo, but I can never seem to get it set up properly without the back corners coming all the way down to the ground.
    Loosen the back of the tent, and tighten the front guyline. And make sure the back guylines are all the way out.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++