WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

concerning tearing down the old, building a new:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    If there are good reasons it would seem the GMC would/should share it. Instead all they say is: for the 100 year celebration.
    Knee jerk reactions and assumptions to my thinking don't make my thinking wrong. I'm asking to be proved wrong with something more than 'theories". Perhaps this is just too much to be asking??
    I've never been a sheeple and if I wasn't born in a free country (served it too) I'm sure I'd of been burned at the stake long ago by folks who don't appreciate the freedom to say what they think.
    Man, do I hear ya there. Sadly there are some who will want to persecute/ridicule a person for speaking a differing opinion, for having thoughts that go against what's popular, and/or they believe that the powers that be (Congress for example, or in this case, the GMC) are always smarter than ye insignificant citizen. ("How dare you question their actions!")

Perhaps, with building a new shelter to replace the Lula Tye Shelter, the GMC is just going through the motions of needlessly spending (wasting) money where they don't need to all because someone's too close-minded to notice it's truly a waste. (Not an accusation, just some pondering in support of Nean.)

If Lula Tye truly needs replacing, they should be transparent and say why.

Images

That is funny as hell but I'm afraid there isn't always a real great reason to do these things other than to spend the money or lose it, and/or to justify the money recieved and the salaries it takes to manage that money. I realize this as a fact of life- doesn't mean I like or agree with it. The new shelter will probably be huge and pretty!

I still do not understand WHY it is needed but wouldn't mind knowing what must be a closely guarded secret....
    What's up Nean?!!! Hope you're well!!

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak View Post
    What's up Nean?!!! Hope you're well!!
    Great wak! I know you're doing great!!! Just visited w/ Ken last week. Hope to look yall up next time i'm in your neck of the woods which may well be soon...

Images

Great wak! I know you're doing great!!! Just visited w/ Ken last week. Hope to look yall up next time i'm in your neck of the woods which may well be soon...
    Sweet!!! Definitely let me know when you're round these parts again!

(sorry everyone else for the temporary thread drift....)

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak View Post
    sweet!!! Definitely Let Me Know When You're Round These Parts Again!

(sorry Everyone Else For The Temporary Thread Drift....)
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

That is funny as hell but I'm afraid there isn't always a real great reason to do these things other than to spend the money or lose it, and/or to justify the money recieved and the salaries it takes to manage that money. I realize this as a fact of life- doesn't mean I like or agree with it. The new shelter will probably be huge and pretty!

I still do not understand WHY it is needed but wouldn't mind knowing what must be a closely guarded secret....
    me and you? we're old school. building new shelters are an absolut waste of time and money. period

I hate to waste Absolut!
    Well, ya know, if they could charge folks say, $80.00/night and give them a bunk, wool blanket, and a meal would that be a waste of money? (tongue firmly planted in cheek).
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Read line item 18 of the document, they were awarded almost 20,000 to build the shelter.

http://www.uvm.edu/~ospuvm/Reports/M...9/aw_jun09.htm
    “Only two things are infinite; The universe and human stupidity,
    And I’m starting to wonder about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by veteran View Post
    Read line item 18 of the document, they were awarded almost 20,000 to build the shelter.

http://www.uvm.edu/~ospuvm/Reports/MonthlyReportsJun09/aw_jun09.htm
    Read this more closely veteran.
    The green mountain club actually awarded the uvm consulting archaeology program the "almost $20,000" to conduct an archaeological review of the site.
    This review is mandated by vt state law, and happens whenever they build/move a road, a new development, etc.
    The gmnf also contributed to the review, as it is on fs land. The review was coordinated by the fs archeologist for the gmnf and the flnf as well as the director of the uvm consulting archeology program.

Not sure what in that document makes you think the gmc was "awarded" that "almost 20,000" to build the shelter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++