concerning tearing down the old, building a new:
Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
If there are good reasons it would seem the GMC would/should share it. Instead all they say is: for the 100 year celebration.
Knee jerk reactions and assumptions to my thinking don't make my thinking wrong. I'm asking to be proved wrong with something more than 'theories". Perhaps this is just too much to be asking??
I've never been a sheeple and if I wasn't born in a free country (served it too) I'm sure I'd of been burned at the stake long ago by folks who don't appreciate the freedom to say what they think.
Man, do I hear ya there. Sadly there are some who will want to persecute/ridicule a person for speaking a differing opinion, for having thoughts that go against what's popular, and/or they believe that the powers that be (Congress for example, or in this case, the GMC) are always smarter than ye insignificant citizen. ("How dare you question their actions!")

Perhaps, with building a new shelter to replace the Lula Tye Shelter, the GMC is just going through the motions of needlessly spending (wasting) money where they don't need to all because someone's too close-minded to notice it's truly a waste. (Not an accusation, just some pondering in support of Nean.)

If Lula Tye truly needs replacing, they should be transparent and say why.