WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oh Lord!

Default Oh Lord!

An atheist was walking through the woods, along the AT.
    "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling
    in the bushes behind him.He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot black bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out: "Oh my God!"

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?"

Said the voice. "Very well."

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed.

The bear brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen."
    When you get to those unexpected situations in life where it’s difficult to figure something out, just ask yourself, “What would MacGyver do?”
    See ya!
    Rickles McPickles

Thanks for sharing. Maybe this one can get a second wind (I believe I was a teenager the first time I heard it. ).
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Formerly "Totem"
    Images

Wow, if this were a Pro-Atheist thread it would have been reported and taken down already.
    up over the hills, theres nothing to fear
    theres a pub across the way with whisky and beer
    its a lengthy journey on the way up to the top
    but it ain't so bad if you have a great big bottle o'scotch

Formerly "Totem"
    Images

And if I remember correctly, skydaddy ends up killing kids with bears anyway...

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.

2 Kings 2:23-24
    up over the hills, theres nothing to fear
    theres a pub across the way with whisky and beer
    its a lengthy journey on the way up to the top
    but it ain't so bad if you have a great big bottle o'scotch

I was at a shelter just outside of Pearisburg near the end of May when I woke up to find it snowing...I had already sent my winter clothing home, so I wasn't as prepared as I could be for the cold. I ended up staying in my sleeping bag until about noon, at which point I decided to get a fire going...

I had half a soda bottle of moonshine that somebody had given me after they picked it up at trail days...and I also had a stack of about 10 christian bibles that some do-gooder had left in the shelter...I decided to mix them together and light them on fire.

Another hiker came along just about the time I was ripping the binding of the books and tossing them into the fire ring...he expressed outrage that I was burning bibles...I just smiled and said "the lord works in mysterious ways."

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

my self being atheist was walking down the trail...along came a christian,,
    taking about gay marriage and what a temptation homosexuality was

I was very afraid, but was not tempted all
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

He made the bear Catholic?

Nice fairy tale.

Geez you'all are confusing!

Images

This is as bad as all the bull**** you religinazis hand out at the shelters. Take your stupid cards and proverbs and whatever other bull**** you hand out and keep walking....
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Toolshed View Post
    This is as bad as all the bull**** you religinazis hand out at the shelters. Take your stupid cards and proverbs and whatever other bull**** you hand out and keep walking....
    Geez Toolshed, calm yourself down. This is the HUMOR thread.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Default Hmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Toolshed View Post

Seems sad to me that a light sided joke in the Hiker Humor section would evoke this type of response.

Not taking sides; just doesn't seem right.

a christian, a jew and an athiest walk into a bar. the bartender says, what is this, a friggin' joke?

Images

Yeah I'm a littel vile today - didn't realize it was the humour section..... Had to get up at 5 to get my IV's ready for infusion. Anyway, I got 1 dangling raw F'ing nerve left and this just hit too close to home of the zealous born agains who come up to you on the trail and start speaking about being saved, or offer trail angel crap and then try to force their little cards on you. I don't beleive in advertising it or forcefeeding others. So, sorry if I came off mean...
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Journal Entries
    Images

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Why do you always have to take two baptist fishing with you??

If you take one he'll drink all your beer but if you take two they wont drink in front of each other.

Toolshed,

I now recall an earlier post where you inidcated some medical issues and pending procedures. A 5 AM wake up for an IV prep could make anyone a little vile.

I hope all goes well for you.

QP

I loved it, and I'm an atheist!

Images

Hilarious story

I'm dyslexic. I believe in dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    This looks awefully suspiciously li ethe bear that came to the Stover Creek Shelter when I was there last August..He too put his paws on the table..I told him/her get your feet off the table, you cannot eat with your feet on the table...
    "So what if theres a mountain, get over it!!!" - Graywolf, 2010

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++