WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Nubrella,, the hands free umbrella

www.nubrella.com

Goofy looking, but innovative. Looks like the helmet of hazmat crews. Can you imagine passing someone on the trail w/ this thing on. I'd wear it just to stir the pot, b/c I love to see people squirm. I think I'll order one today!

Yep, the pine boughs should shred it just enough to look real scary!

that plus a pair of chaps...the ultimate rain gear.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Reminds me of BIG fish in too small of a fishbowl.

Great for today's culture when they engage in leave me alone I'm in my own little world I'm on my cell phone I don't care how I might inconvenience others I'm dry under my Nubrella lifestyle.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

The cone of silence!

Instead of marketing it with some catch all you got to have it right now order while supplies last this is a limited time offer comes with free storage bag a $9.95 value hurry while a representative is standing by to take your order credit cards accepted money back guarantee first 20 callers receive free shipping developed by NASA after years of painstaking research theme like Nubrella maybe it should be called the Astronaut Umbrella because that's what it looks like.

Oh stop it. Maybe, it could work. I kind of like it. I think it looks cute. It's made from titanium, aerospace grade aluminum, Kevlar, and a space age Mylar composite shell. I'm going to order two. No, make that three. Give it time. I like new ideas. Seems like a winner. Makes a great present. Oh progress. Got to have a Nubrella. I'll be the first in my neighborhood.

Wasn;t this the product the guy on "The Sharks" had? I think he partnered up with the the tv-infomercial guy and the fubu wear guy.

Make it out of mosquito netting and it would be awesome!
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Images

might be ok if it didn't weigh 2.6lbs!
    "You do more hiking with your head than your feet!" Emma "Grandma" Gatewood...HYOY!!!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/?

Crawl inside and roll down the hills!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by russb View Post
    Wasn;t this the product the guy on "The Sharks" had? I think he partnered up with the the tv-infomercial guy and the fubu wear guy.
    exactly...

Or you could get one of these

“Only two things are infinite; The universe and human stupidity,
    And I’m starting to wonder about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein

Images

Too funny,,,, talk about goofy. Actually I bought one of those (camo pattern) 6+ years ago. Hated the raincoat hood restrictions, so gave the umbrella hat a try. My hiking partner said I'd gone mad by considering this option, so it lasted one trip, then hit the back of the closet,,, where all other retired gear sits.

Quote Originally Posted by veteran View Post
    Or you could get one of these

I actually have one of those. It's better than expected. It is very cool under the canopy, but the elastic is a little tight and gives me a bit of a headache after a while.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Journal Entries
    Images

wow some of you beat me to it.... Yet I was thinking how great it would be for smokers in bars!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I've actually seen several people out hiking while wearing those hat umbrellas like Veteran posted. They don't work very well by themselves keeping you dry, even in a med rain. In wind driven rain, like can be experienced on the AT, they would not work very well by themselves if you really wanted to stay dry. You still need a rain jacket. And, unless for some reason, you don't like a hood on your rain jacket you might as well just carry a rain jacket w/ a hood and leave the hat umbrella at home. They do work to keep the sun off though while desert hiking.

I've also seen hikers attach those GoLite sun/rain umbrellas to their pack straps to keep the mist and sun off them. The first hiker I ever saw w/ the GoLite umbrella almost made me wet myself with laughter. Then, after about 2 wks in the desert, i noticed the hiker w/ the GoLite umbrella had the laest fried leathery skin. It worked for that hiker!

After looking at Nubrella's ad I still don't understand how it stays on/over your head if it's also windy. I noticed it doesn't seem to be very windy in any of those pics of people happily wearing Nubrellas. Seems like if the wind got underneath a Nubrella it would blow away like a weather ballon which I think is one of the things they were deriding a regular Umbrella for in their ad.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    After looking at Nubrella's ad I still don't understand how it stays on/over your head if it's also windy. I noticed it doesn't seem to be very windy in any of those pics of people happily wearing Nubrellas. Seems like if the wind got underneath a Nubrella it would blow away like a weather ballon which I think is one of the things they were deriding a regular Umbrella for in their ad.
    There's some type of strap system,,, shoulder straps to keep it propped up over your head for hands free deployment, and another strap that wraps front to back under your arms for high wind stabilization. Supposedly there's small pockets on the nubrella to stash the straps if not needed. Watch the Shark Tank link showing the pitch for this product. The guy shows how the strap system works.

BigDawg, thanks for the heads up. Now, I definitely got to buy one. Maybe, two. No, make that three.

Kind of like taking the same philosophy and road that created a $11,000,000,000 - $12,000,000,000, $13,000,000,000, or what ever it is, national debt isn't it? I think we, ESPECIALLY IN AMERICA, have lost the concept of what it means to be LIVING WITHIN OUR MEANS, TO STOP SPENDING MORE THAN WE ARE MAKING. SOMETHING HAS GOT TO EVENTUALLY GIVE! SOMETHINGS ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY CHANGE, PERHAPS ON AN UNPRECEDENTED SCALE!

Default sooner or later there comes a time.........

Ok...you know we are gonna see one eventually even if it's at the parade...maybe we can put together our pix at the end of the season and make a video or something...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++