WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

pebble puppy you are my kind of guy

Default Differences between Dr. School's CF Orthotic

Does anybody have a good description of the differences between the different Dr. School's CF Orthotic models?

The computerized device recommended a cf430 for me but I was curious if this model was the highest arch support in the line.

Images

I am suprised no one uses Spenco insloes. Super feet dont work for about 25% of people who try them but be sure to give them at least a week of wear. I always use Spenco Backpacker insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by valuecf View Post
    Does anybody have a good description of the differences between the different Dr. School's CF Orthotic models?

The computerized device recommended a cf430 for me but I was curious if this model was the highest arch support in the line.
    When the computer did my feet, it stated "you have a low arch" and it recommended the 430. So, I am pretty sure that it isn't the highest arch support.

Green Superfeet have a higher arch, by my side by side testing, and the Blue Superfeet are recommended for lower arches.

If you want the highest arch support, maybe you should call or email Scholl's and find out if they will tell you. They might not, the point is that the fitting machine is supposed to identify the best fit, and your selecting the highest arch support just sidesteps the purpose of the machine.

You could also just brazenly go and open up the plastic containers and feel them, maybe even step onto them, to get "first hand/first foot" information.

If you were just curious, the above might have answered the question.

Check out www.orthosoles.com
    They allow you to customize the arch and metatarcel.
    Great support, good cushion.
    No Break In Required!
    They are new.

Journal Entries

I went and tried one of the machines. It wouldn't register my foot map until I was leaning so far forward I was almost touching the screen, a position I NEVER am in in real life. Then they told me I had low arches... which I don't. I've had to use medium or high arch supports in the past, so unless thier arch supports are higher than other brands to begin with...

My conclusion is their mapping technology is crap.
    He who forms the mountains,
    creates the wind,
    and reveals his thoughts to man,
    he who turns dawn to darkness,
    and treads the high places of the earth—
    the LORD God Almighty is his name.
    -Amos 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by singingpilgrim View Post
    I went and tried one of the machines. It wouldn't register my foot map until I was leaning so far forward I was almost touching the screen, a position I NEVER am in in real life. Then they told me I had low arches... which I don't. I've had to use medium or high arch supports in the past, so unless thier arch supports are higher than other brands to begin with...

My conclusion is their mapping technology is crap.
    I was in Walmart this last weekend looking for good deals on Ultra SD memory cards and found a nice deal on 2 4GB Ultra SD cards for $25 when the unit price is $15 each.

Stopped by the Dr Scholl's which was near the OTC area where I get the "breathing strips" and there were three (marines) taking turns on the Dr Scholl's unit. They are shipping out for Mideast duty quite soon, and the word had gotten out that these were great inserts to try for your military footwear.

None of them had to stick their faces up to the front of the machine, and they were all happy to shell out $49.95 for the inserts.

I asked them why they were getting them and that is when they told me about the word of mouth.... and maybe those military boots aren't the greatest.

They told me that they didn't know which Mideast country they were being assigned to, and they wouldn't be told until literally on the way. They were support troops, not combat.

I thanked them for serving our country.

Journal Entries

Yeah.. I guess it could be the individual machine at my local Walmart. But when I tried to stand like I normally did, it wanted me to lean to get, I think (this was some months ago) the images on the screen to line up. The only way I could do it was to lean unnaturally forward.
    He who forms the mountains,
    creates the wind,
    and reveals his thoughts to man,
    he who turns dawn to darkness,
    and treads the high places of the earth—
    the LORD God Almighty is his name.
    -Amos 4:13

I cannot wear green Superfeet in most shoes because the arch will be too high and will hurt. However, I do have a lower arch and very little pronation. There are plenty of alternatives to Superfeet that provide a different fit. Sidas Technologies makes the insoles that I currently use: a more conformable insole without the beefy arch of the Superfeet.

Just because it's popular, doesn't mean it is either the best or will work for everyone. Fortunately a change in mentality has caused the footwear buyers in the outdoor store I work for to start carrying more than just green Superfeet, which is quite a miracle.

I look forward to your further testing.

Default Refund check bounced!

Hubby got the insoles, did not like them, followed instructions for refund. Check arrived 2 weeks later, he cashed it. Today, we get a letter from our bank saying the check bounced AND they charged us a $5.00 fee for the returned check!

The folks at Dr. Sholl's are a bunch of heels. To do that proves they got no sole. (Sorry for your problem but just HAD to do this).

Super feet

super feet

Quote Originally Posted by Elder View Post
    Check out www.orthosoles.com
    They allow you to customize the arch and metatarcel.
    Great support, good cushion.
    No Break In Required!
    They are new.
    Just sayin'

Insoles from Chaco Beckwith shoes purch. 4 years ago. Better for me than Superfeet. My feet are flat as a board.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Good Feet makes an imprint of your feet, their trained sales person uses along with measurements, to fit you properly.

I had more severe problems than most, when I started. I had to learn to walk all over again. The inserts, first made under the supervision of Dr. Valmassy, DPM San Francisco helped stabilize stance.

After he had worked everything out, he said go to Good Feet for any replacements.

Now, I use the ones that look like black plastic: my feet imprint are very nearly perfect feet.

It may be difficult to comprehend, it was for me, but these are the most comfortable, the best support and improve my overall posture as well.

People have remarked how healthy I look. I look in the store window glass and I see a person with what used to be termed, good carriage. I figure, that is being interpreted as good health.

I paid a lot, but when I didn't have them I really noticed how much benefit I still get from them. Although the price went up, I missed some meals to purchase them again. It meant that much.

Why did I lose them? My boots were stolen.

I strongly recommend their insoles, if you can do it. Don't bother with shoes from them, just be sure to select shoes for your volume feet, narrow in the heel, or not, room for natural use of all your toes (the shoe comes out fairly straight for the big toe, rather than shoving the big toe over toward the outside) and the width of the shoe is correctly positioned for the widest part of your metatarsal arch.

For me, this is Avia sport shoes and Salomon trail shoes.

Others like New Balance, etal.

Some people call those places insert brothels. They don't make the inserts custom to your feet. They go in the back and just pick one out of the storeroom. I find that the foot bed of my Cachos provides a miraculous cure to my walking abnormalities, so I think there is some value in getting the right support. However, I don't think the fancy image on the screen necessarily provides that. It's mostly there to make you believe it's being done scientifically when it really isn't.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++