Dr Scholl's has been advertising on TV a computer based store fixture that is said to show you a pattern of the pressure points under your feet, and prescribe a pre-made orthodic for you.

Money back guarantee if they don't work for you - keep receipt and the bar code on the package for refund.

I tried the thing which is probably in all Super WalMarts by now.

There are marked locations for your feet, and you align the heels specifically to the pattern on the machine. Punch the screen to begin the test and you get a pattern of pressure on the screen. Then there is a small display that comes up and they want you to lean forward and aft so that the cross is in the circle tarter. Then you repeat that for all weight on the left and right feet. You may answer a wuestion about your weight. Then the screen gives you the recommended otrthodic insert to use, and they are stacked around the testing machine.

The major negative factor is that the price is $49.95 at WalMart. But, you do have the easy return for refund.

The bosx says, about the refund, "If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, mail in the originalUPC code from the package along with your sales receipt to : Schering-Plough Healthcare Products Inc..... for a refund".

I haven't looked at it but they reference a website :
http://www.footmapping.com

There are three layers:
1) a cloth top (durable)
2) Extra support layers (the rubbery stuff)
3) the Arch Support (harder polymer)

The length isn't full length, but is more or less a half insole. For narrow shoes, there might be some trimming to fit.

I plan to just take this pair and use them everyday in whatever shoes I wear that day. Some days, I will probably use one of the Green Superfeet and one of the Dr Scholl's, just to see how noticeable the difference is. And by Summer, I will have a good idea of durability.

I have already made a file folder with the receipt and the UPC code, and it is in the file cabinet where I can find it.