WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Money BAck! Dr Sholl's Custom Fit Orthotic Inserts

Dr Scholl's has been advertising on TV a computer based store fixture that is said to show you a pattern of the pressure points under your feet, and prescribe a pre-made orthodic for you.

Money back guarantee if they don't work for you - keep receipt and the bar code on the package for refund.

I tried the thing which is probably in all Super WalMarts by now.

There are marked locations for your feet, and you align the heels specifically to the pattern on the machine. Punch the screen to begin the test and you get a pattern of pressure on the screen. Then there is a small display that comes up and they want you to lean forward and aft so that the cross is in the circle tarter. Then you repeat that for all weight on the left and right feet. You may answer a wuestion about your weight. Then the screen gives you the recommended otrthodic insert to use, and they are stacked around the testing machine.

The major negative factor is that the price is $49.95 at WalMart. But, you do have the easy return for refund.

The bosx says, about the refund, "If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, mail in the originalUPC code from the package along with your sales receipt to : Schering-Plough Healthcare Products Inc..... for a refund".

I haven't looked at it but they reference a website :
    http://www.footmapping.com

There are three layers:
    1) a cloth top (durable)
    2) Extra support layers (the rubbery stuff)
    3) the Arch Support (harder polymer)

The length isn't full length, but is more or less a half insole. For narrow shoes, there might be some trimming to fit.

I plan to just take this pair and use them everyday in whatever shoes I wear that day. Some days, I will probably use one of the Green Superfeet and one of the Dr Scholl's, just to see how noticeable the difference is. And by Summer, I will have a good idea of durability.

I have already made a file folder with the receipt and the UPC code, and it is in the file cabinet where I can find it.

Just send it in now and get your money back. I can understand why they might not want you to return the insoles too but it does allow a loophole in their policy for the more savvy customer. For those that wish to mount their high moral horses and start shouting down their condemnations of those who would take advantage of such a situation save it.

Registered User DrRichardCranium's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble Puppy View Post
    Just send it in now and get your money back. I can understand why they might not want you to return the insoles too but it does allow a loophole in their policy for the more savvy customer. For those that wish to mount their high moral horses and start shouting down their condemnations of those who would take advantage of such a situation save it.
    ??? Are you saying this because you've already tried them & found them to be crap, or what?
    "Katahdin barada nikto."

Quote Originally Posted by DrRichardCranium View Post
    ??? Are you saying this because you've already tried them & found them to be crap, or what?
    No a scam to get them for free.

Dr Scholl's doesn't require you to send the inserts in for the money back guarantee. So Pebble Puppy is suggesting you buy them and even if you are totally satisfied and think they are fully worth the money, use them and even if you recommend them to your friends, buy replacements when they were out and think the would be worth buying at twice the price, that you should send in the UPC and receipt and lie claiming your are dissatisfied.

Essentially PP is urging you to stealing the product, not much different than urging folks to shoplift.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Default First Report

Shoes: New Balance trail runners (model 83)

Inserts: Left Scholl's Right Green Superfeet

Use: All day, biking and mall shopping

Results:
    On first putting on the shoes/inserts, I notice that the arch support of the Superfeet is higher and there is a slight feeling of a "lump" under the arch.

Most of the time later in the day, I notice no difference between how the feet in either shoe/insole are feeling.

Conclusions
    None.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Conclusions
    None.
    Good conclusion for me! Not enough arch. Thanks for the update.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JustaTouron View Post

Dr Scholl's doesn't require you to send the inserts in for the money back guarantee. So Pebble Puppy is suggesting you buy them and even if you are totally satisfied and think they are fully worth the money, use them and even if you recommend them to your friends, buy replacements when they were out and think the would be worth buying at twice the price, that you should send in the UPC and receipt and lie claiming your are dissatisfied.

Essentially PP is urging you to stealing the product, not much different than urging folks to shoplift.
    Exactly. Thief. Apparently he wasn't raised right.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Quote Originally Posted by JustaTouron View Post

If it says something like "dissatisfied for any reason", I would certainly not make the comparison to stealing. It would be logical to say that I would be happier if I could get them at a lower price or free. Therefor I would be dissatisfied that I had to pay full retail. Can I have my money back now please?

Registered User DrRichardCranium's Avatar
    Journal Entries

If it says something like "dissatisfied for any reason", I would certainly not make the comparison to stealing. It would be logical to say that I would be happier if I could get them at a lower price or free. Therefor I would be dissatisfied that I had to pay full retail. Can I have my money back now please?
    Real clever rationalization.

It's just that honor is still a "fashion" for some of us.

Mrs. Baggins is right, I guess. It's how you were raised.
    "Katahdin barada nikto."

You can have your money back...but put the product in the trash.

The company is allowing you to return the product and get a full refund if dissatisfied. However, for obvious reasons they don't want your smelly used insoles sent to them. So you get your money back, insoles go in trash. When they refund you the money, you cease to own them, continuing to use them is theft.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

A thief and a BS artist. Lovely.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I use Dr. Scholls inserts ( the $15 ones) in my shoes I use for Road Walks. They usually last me about two months which is 700-750 Miles. I will be waiting for your report on the use and durability.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Images

Thanks Rocketman. I will look for the display. Might take another 10 years to get to Maine, might not be refundable by then...

But I will look!

I had some of those Dr Scholl's "smelling like McMellon. . .Gellin" deals and they SUCK! I put them in my work boots and darned if they didn't bust all on my wool socks and inside my boot!

I hope these inserts work out better for you. I know the inserts that come with the shoes are crap, so anything (except the gellin McSmelling crap) should be an improvement.

Images

My son started using the "gellin" insoles in his Hi-Tecs and is very happy with them. I have nearly flat feet and collapsing arches. I tried Super Feet when we stopped at Neels Gap - - caused even more extreme pain. Got Rx orthotics for $300 and while they worked I was pretty upset with the price. So I figured out how to take off-the-shelf full insoles (I just buy whatever seems to have the highest arch support) and then I add an extra arch-support piece under that. Works absolutely fantastic! Zero foot pain and I just toss them out every few months, or more depending on how much hiking I do, and replace them. I can do that for about $100/year vs $300/year and I'm much happier with my own "home built" version over the Rx ones. I still wear Hi-Tec boots (Altitude IV style - hi cut) and always will. Love 'em.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

You guys kill me. After all this time you take anything I say seriously? 1) I don't wear, and have never worn inserts. 2) Even with the money back guarantee I'm too lazy to take the time and effort to take advantage of it. As a kid I may have lifted a candy bar or two and I do recall shoplifting a Playboy when I was about 10 but I've been clean for 32 years. I've been rehabilitated damn it. Ya'll can dismount your high horses now.

Images

pebble puppy you are my kind of guy

Default Differences between Dr. School's CF Orthotic

Does anybody have a good description of the differences between the different Dr. School's CF Orthotic models?

The computerized device recommended a cf430 for me but I was curious if this model was the highest arch support in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by valuecf View Post
    Does anybody have a good description of the differences between the different Dr. School's CF Orthotic models?

The computerized device recommended a cf430 for me but I was curious if this model was the highest arch support in the line.
    When the computer did my feet, it stated "you have a low arch" and it recommended the 430. So, I am pretty sure that it isn't the highest arch support.

Green Superfeet have a higher arch, by my side by side testing, and the Blue Superfeet are recommended for lower arches.

If you want the highest arch support, maybe you should call or email Scholl's and find out if they will tell you. They might not, the point is that the fitting machine is supposed to identify the best fit, and your selecting the highest arch support just sidesteps the purpose of the machine.

You could also just brazenly go and open up the plastic containers and feel them, maybe even step onto them, to get "first hand/first foot" information.

If you were just curious, the above might have answered the question.

Images

I am suprised no one uses Spenco insloes. Super feet dont work for about 25% of people who try them but be sure to give them at least a week of wear. I always use Spenco Backpacker insoles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++