Hi All!
I have a question- I just got back from a lovely 2 days of rainy hiking. When I got home, I spread my wet gear over every surface in the house to dry. The rainfly to my MSR tent got spread over the washer in the laundry room. We keep the cat box in the laundry room. If anything is left on the floor in that room, one of my cats will pee on it. Well, the fly is bigger than the washer, so it hung onto the floor. The inevitable happened. Now I need to get the cat pee smell out of my rainfly and possibly re-waterproof it.
Can I run the fly through the washer on gentle? There aren't any guylines to get tangled. What sort of soap should I use? If this is unadvisable, what do I do?
Also, if I wash it will I need to waterproof it again? My husband suggested there's some spray stuff at the evil empire (Walmart) that will help. In the past, I've looked in both Sports Authority and Target for tent waterproofer and haven't been able to find anything. There aren't any real outfitters anywhere near me.
I apologize for such noob questions.
TIA
Dee
healthymom