WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Charging batteries for ipods/Kindles

This is for my 1 month long section hike of the AT through Virginia this summer.

One of the major reasons for my hike is to write the story of my next fantasy novel in my head (aspiring novelist). I need to be able to make notes onto my ipod touch as I walk. I wont use it for music that much because my notes take priority, so it should last a few days without needing charging... but after that will I be able to just ask at stores etc to plug it in?

ever heard of pen and paper? im not sure but i think thats what they used before ipod touches, and i dont think it needs batteries.
    a happy boddhitsva

Quote Originally Posted by think0075 View Post
    ever heard of pen and paper? im not sure but i think thats what they used before ipod touches, and i dont think it needs batteries.
    Of course, but I make about 5-10 notes a day without even being on the trail. A pen and paper would be messy, more of a hassle to stop and write, prone to getting wet, much heavier, and not to mention harder to read given my terrible hand writing.

I use an I-Go charger for my I-Pod and camera. Uses 2 AA batteries, which you can pick up when resupplying. About $20 for the I-GO, $10 for the tip to fit your I-Touch. Radio shack carries them.

++ New Posts ++