WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Trail Days Reunion

Hi all,

Those of us that hiked in 2000 are trying to get together at Traildays. I posted an update on whiteblaze but it seems to be button-holed in the "thru hiker classes" forum and does not appear in general so I am posting again.

Hi All,

Have a banner, have a bunch of stickers, just need Class of 2000 hikers to show up!! The plan as of now (always remember that no plan EVER survived contact with the enemy) is to meet at the Rock School for a group photo on the steps on Saturday, May 15 at 12:15 before the parade. The rest is up to you. The banner will be available for signing all weekend, find Lynda Holich or "B" of B&B (now B&B&B), do the math, it will come to you. Any questions?

Default Class of 2000

I will be there.
    Cedar Tree

Images

See ya there Walkin' Home!
    Onward. Furthur!
    -<>-Doug
    GAME2k

I have newfound respect for the phrase "within walking distance." -Welches

I may show. Haven't been to a Trail Days since my thru. Diamond Doug, I thought you were from Raleigh or somewhere close by. I see from your info that you're from Asheville. Cup and I were just up there last month. Seems like a lifetime since 2000.

litefoot 2000

Will be there, Ray.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot 2000 View Post
    Diamond Doug, I thought you were from Raleigh or somewhere close by. I see from your info that you're from Asheville.
    After 30 years in Ral I moved to AVL 3 years ago. I'm now a section maintainer, have 2.5 miles Big Bald to Little Bald including Bald Mtn shelter. What an awful section to have to visit repeatedly...

See all you 2k'ers at Trail Days.
    Onward. Furthur!
    -<>-Doug
    GAME2k

I have newfound respect for the phrase "within walking distance." -Welches

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Hi all,

Those of us that hiked in 2000 are trying to get together at Traildays. I posted an update on whiteblaze but it seems to be button-holed in the "thru hiker classes" forum and does not appear in general so I am posting again.

Hi All,

Have a banner, have a bunch of stickers, just need Class of 2000 hikers to show up!! The plan as of now (always remember that no plan EVER survived contact with the enemy) is to meet at the Rock School for a group photo on the steps on Saturday, May 15 at 12:15 before the parade. The rest is up to you. The banner will be available for signing all weekend, find Lynda Holich or "B" of B&B (now B&B&B), do the math, it will come to you. Any questions?

Images

Default Banner

Hi Tricks. I think it is the same banner. Jester sent me the logo to put on one end and "Troll" sent me the whiteblaze logo for the other end. See you soon. Will probably be at the Doyle Monday night May 10.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Hi Tricks. I think it is the same banner. Jester sent me the logo to put on one end and "Troll" sent me the whiteblaze logo for the other end. See you soon. Will probably be at the Doyle Monday night May 10.
    I kind of thought that since it was our 10th too we could get in on the anniversary banner action.

Hot anniversary banner action.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Images

Default Banner

Hi All you 2000 trash. It looks like the banner will be on display (no Jester, you can't use it for a rain fly!) at Billville with Sharpies on hand (no pun intended) for you to sign it. There will also be a supply of stickers around for you to wear and put your name on. We have enough stickers to allow each person to take about three as we know they will not last. For stickers either check out Billville, or ask Lynda Holich or Beth of B&B or myself, walkinhome. We will be around. The banner will also be at the Rock School at 12:15 Saturday for the group picture then Lynda and Beth will take charge of the banner for the parade because my hands will be full with my little water pistol for the last time (it is and Indian Pump for those that do not know-make my day!) which I will be donating to the MATC when I get home. The banner will be offered to the AT Museum (will talk to Red Wolf about this) and if they do not want it it may end up with the Billville archives althought I have not discussed this with the mayor yet. See you all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDoug View Post
    After 30 years in Ral I moved to AVL 3 years ago. I'm now a section maintainer, have 2.5 miles Big Bald to Little Bald including Bald Mtn shelter. What an awful section to have to visit repeatedly...

See all you 2k'ers at Trail Days.

Boy, that is a bad section to have to work. I went over Bald Mtn. in June 2004 and the Yellow Hawkweed and Flame Azalea were unbelievable. I would love to show it to Cup in full splendor this year.
    Maybe I'll holler at you to see when it is at its peak. I don't know how often you're up there, but if anyone would know, it would be the trail maintainer.

litefoot 2000

Images

Default 2000

Hi Class of 2000,

A good time was had by all at Trail Days and I think we had a respectable (a term not often used to describe AT hikers LOL) turn out. About 35 I think and not all made the picture or signed the banner but it was our best shot. Here is a link to the photo Old Fhart took for us, it is larger than the thumbnail:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/...ba42d532_b.jpg

I will post the thumbnail here and also try to get it in the gallery under walkinhome. Great to see everyone and keep in touch-you never know when I might knock on your door!

Will email to Lynda so she can get it on the Reunion Facebook site also.

Images

Default Bump

Trying to get my last post to post LOL.

Images

Default Test

Still trying to see my posts update this thread.

Images

Default Okeedokee

All is well - operator error as usual. It is a good day as I learned something today LOL!

Great pic.Happy Anniversary to the classof 2000.

++ New Posts ++