WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: montrail sizing

Default montrail sizing

i wore montrail shoes during my 2006 AT thru hike and was quite pleased with them. i plan to get the new "montrail AT plus" shoes for my PCT hike this year. however, i can't remember what size i wore, and there aren't any dealers that sell montrails near me, so i need to order online. does anyone know if montrail shoes tend to run big or small? for example, i wear a 14 in nike, and a 13 in addidas. if i no one knows, i'll err on the side of too large since i hear your feet can expand significantly in the desert (not what i need with my already huge feet!).

thanks for your thoughts.

Looking for a comfortable cave to habitate jrwiesz's Avatar
    Images

Thumbs up Buy two sizes, send least desired size back.

I have owned two pair of 10.5 Hardrocks, of 2007 & 2008 year release. The 2007 release was a significantly snugger fit shoe; but, both do the job admirably.

I don't notice a difference in the fit, between a 10.5 Montrail, as compared to a comparable 10.5 Merrill trail runner.

Just my experience.
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

The Montrail Hardrocks I have definitely run small. I wear a women's 9 in almost every other shoe, but I wear a 10 in those.

I'm also contemplating the AT Plus model and am trying to figure out if those also run small.

montrails run about a size small. I have had two pairs, and this is pre long distance hike. You will want to go a size to a size and a half bigger.

++ New Posts ++