WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Just saw this this on Doctor Oz. Pop it with a sterile(heat)pin oe needle and leave the dead skin intact.
    One thing to do is puncture/pop it, right where the loose skin/blister, meets the good-live skin. Then, roll your finger over the blister, towards that edge. This will express the maximum built up fluid. A dab of neosporin, bandage, then duct tape it.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

When I used to blister bad I would pop it and then put a small corn cushion over it and then tape it so it wouldn't move.

Instead of duct tape I use luekotape. Costs more but it doesn't come off. Even when you want it to.

Like a lot of others have said - most of my blister problems went away when I switched to wide width shoes and trail runners. I also ditched the hiking socks for regular grey athletic socks.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

I grip down into the sole with those toes,... - B.B.

Yeah, I sometimes do this. I've been trying to break myself of the habit though. This might cause blisters on the bottom of the pinky toe and certainly can be aggravated/caused by a gap between the after market inner sole and the inside of the shoe. I've had blisters on the bottom of my pinky toes caused by unusually sweaty or consistently wet feet!

That wide toe box of EEEE wides really helped alleviate this condition though! Proper fit is DEFINITELY a BIG part of the solution!

Images

Thanks Dogwood...glad to know I am not the only one who does this. I am going to try gel toes I got from the podiatrist today. He said it may help.

Just found thick, gel, toe sepatators at CVS that look promising and feel good on. I never know how my feet will act until I get my pack on. The weight makes all the difference. I tried on new boots late in the day with med Smartwool socks on but now I wish I'd had my entire pack with me. I just may have to buy another new pair of boots. Stupid pinky toes. They are cute though
    Those that danced were thought mad by those who could not hear the music. George Carlin

I used to get a consistent blister on my lateral side of the ring toe of my left foot. Now I lube it up with neosporin every morning before I leave camp and it hasn't come back.

This was a compression blister, which was also helped by using thinner socks and not cranking down on my front laces quite so much, but despite those two measures the lubricant was necessary, and effective.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++