WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Fhart View Post
    ...public land administrated by NPS and they are the ones who have said no commercialization, like signs to private businesses-it has nothing to do with Weary.
    The vendetta against little WHL, when compared to the lip lock with the giant AMC's multi-plex of outdoor recreation facilities, shows extreme bias. To some it shows a concerted and coordinated effort to stifle free trade.

And "nothing to do with Weary", well... The AMC's Award Winning Weary has championed the AMC's push while the MATC's self appointed e-spokesman and publications editor has continually attacked WHL for years over a sign he's never seen, and side trail he's never been on to a place he's never been. If this has nothing to do with Weary, he should stop making it all about him.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Kanga-"what is not logical is the fact that this country now caters to the whining little pansies that bitch about everything that is not going their way, instead of standing on the principles of hard work, honesty, and integrity that this country was founded upon."
    Exactly, only you're the whining little pansy bitching because you can't get your way and you really know it's illegal to put a sign there. If you want to stand up for the principles of hard work, honesty, and integrity that this country was founded upon, quit bitching and do something positive about it instead of besmirching the forum posts.

Images

. . . instead of besmirching the forum posts.
    Yeah, what he said. Everyone knows these forums are virginal!
    Me no care, me here free beer. Tap keg, please?

Exactly, only you're the whining little pansy bitching because you can't get your way and you really know it's illegal to put a sign there. If you want to stand up for the principles of hard work, honesty, and integrity that this country was founded upon, quit bitching and do something positive about it instead of besmirching the forum posts.
    do you actually stop and think before you post this stuff? i mean, do you read it before you hit send or do you just get so excited you can't help yourself?

Hang on while I make another batch of popcorn .....
    WALK ON

I wonder how many folks following this thread realize that this signage nonsense at Mahar Tote Rd. has gone on for over a decade. The people in charge would rather hikers miss a resupply spot and a camp that is hailed by many as one of the best stops on the entire AT than find a compromise that would allow for a tasteful wooden sign. Boring discussion for some of us after more than ten years.
    The new controversy in regards to the burger issue is way more serious. I suspect it may be an underhanded tactic to attack WHL from a different direction. It looks like a malicious and dastardly tactic, and I suspect the pizza will come under attack next.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Weary, you're changing your story again...

Years back the AMC had a meeting in Greenville trumpeting its plans for construction projects in the 100 Mile. The meeting was well attended, and was reported on in it least three different newspapers, one from as far away as Bangor. Weary has claimed for years it never happened. He even claimed I made the whole thing up.

"Stick to the Truth, it's the easiest tale to remember." - my great Aunt Cynthia, a life long resident of Greenville, Maine.
    Teej, as you are prone to do, you do not listen very well -- or read very well for that matter.

AMC has held multiple meetings in the Greenville area, exploring ideas, and seeking opinions. I find it fascinating that when I first asked for the source of your outlandish speculations, you told us that the source was secret and could not be disclosed. Now you claim AMC told of these outlandish plans at a public meeting that I said never happened. Some secret TJ.

Believe me if it was not a matter of important truths, I wouldn't be defending AMC. But facts are facts. I've always been a bit of an AMC skeptic. I've never been a wholehearded fan of AMC. I'm even less of a fan these days. The chapter a week ago voted to oust the chair of it's Conservation Committee, because he had the audasity to support a Maine Woods National Park, something Joy Street has yet to take a stand on -- after a decade and a half.

In a week or so I may resign as newsletter chair. They chapter will be debating whether the newsletter should have even published the views of its conservation chair.

TJ, all I'm suggesting is that real matters should get your attention, not fantasy dreams.

And please don't respond by claiming AMC is not God. Weary said so. I never thought it was, even when it made me a lifetime member 40 years ago. Like all of us we are humans or assortments of humans, sometimes wise, sometimes silly. And even sometimes wrong, a concept you should ponder, JeeJ.

Weary

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
    Hang on while I make another batch of popcorn .....
    popcorn?? i'm gonna need another 6

Images

The vendetta against little WHL, when compared to the lip lock with the giant AMC's multi-plex of outdoor recreation facilities, shows extreme bias. To some it shows a concerted and coordinated effort to stifle free trade.
    Merits repeating.

And this is the issue that is continually ignored by the folks with opposing viewpoints. If it is about law and order, then fine. Apply the law and order in a consistent way. It's the American way.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    I wonder how many folks following this thread realize that this signage nonsense at Mahar Tote Rd. has gone on for over a decade. The people in charge would rather hikers miss a resupply spot and a camp that is hailed by many as one of the best stops on the entire AT than find a compromise that would allow for a tasteful wooden sign. Boring discussion for some of us after more than ten years.
    The new controversy in regards to the burger issue is way more serious. I suspect it may be an underhanded tactic to attack WHL from a different direction. It looks like a malicious and dastardly tactic, and I suspect the pizza will come under attack next.
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    It's just you
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    MATC markets t-shirts, patches, pins, trail guides, the occasional hat. We are not a "marketing" club, we are a "maintaining" club. The term "100 mile wilderness" is always referred to tongue in cheek as we all recognize it is not a true wilderness. Don't believe it check Weary's past posts as he almost always puts in a disclaimer or adds the words "so-called". I would welcome anyone posting any evidence of the MATC promoting the so called "wilderness".
    it ain't just me. WHL is being targeted by elitists

oh yeah. big friggin' time. pseudo-mainers against real mainers

it ain't about a sign. and you know it. or most likely you don't

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    do you actually stop and think before you post this stuff? i mean, do you read it before you hit send or do you just get so excited you can't help yourself?
    keep talking girl.youre it in our book

Kanga-"do you actually stop and think before you post this stuff? i mean, do you read it before you hit send or do you just get so excited you can't help yourself?"
    I obviously I put a lot more thought into what I post while you have a history of lashing out at others and sidestepping issues. And you can’t imagine how much getting a love-letter from you in these forums excites me! So for once instead of trying to obscurate the issue, answer the simple question: who legally has the authority to place a sign at Mahar Tote road-WHL? , Weary?, You?, or NPS and their designated representatives? Try to think about this answer before you post your usual attack or non-responsive answer.

And please keep in mind I have absolutely nothing against WHL other than the signage issue which apparently has been corrected even though it is still being discussed. Around last August there was a thread on WHL and the 100-mile “wilderness” where I was correcting Weary’s mis-interpretation of the history of the area and others who claimed that WHL shouldn’t exist because its existence destroyed their wilderness experience. I said:
    “If you are trying to convince anyone that you have a valid argument then start giving us some facts to support your claim. Every time you (or Weary) make a statement about the character and history of the 100-mile wilderness (glad to see you finally corrected that glaring error) that is absolutely wrong, you just weaken your argument and make yourself look less and less believable.

Your last post lends nothing to support your position. Point #1 is a wild statement with no facts to back it up. Please tell us how WHL "being there" is in any way legally wrong and don't come back and say, once again, that its existence somehow offends your sensitivity.
    I said I planned to visit WHL on my next trip thru the 100-mile "wilderness" (my 7th) and I still plan to. Nothing here has indicated it would be less than I'd expect.

Journal Entries

Well, so much for law and order. There are those of us who think the Appalachian Trail should be maintained as wild as possible within the laws that govern such things.

Then there are those who think support of wildness and following regulations are only things that panzies do. Especially when the alternative is the chance to pay $8 for a one pound spiced up hamburger bun.

Weary

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    it ain't about a sign. and you know it. or most likely you don't
    its not about a sign,we all know that too,thats ok we are not going anywhere,just wanted to get the real truth out there.good night its time for hiker dreams.

I obviously I put a lot more thought into what I post while you have a history of lashing out at others and sidestepping issues. And you can’t imagine how much getting a love-letter from you in these forums excites me! So for once instead of trying to obscurate the issue, answer the simple question: who legally has the authority to place a sign at Mahar Tote road-WHL? , Weary?, You?, or NPS and their designated representatives? Try to think about this answer before you post your usual attack or non-responsive answer.

And please keep in mind I have absolutely nothing against WHL other than the signage issue which apparently has been corrected even though it is still being discussed. Around last August there was a thread on WHL and the 100-mile “wilderness” where I was correcting Weary’s mis-interpretation of the history of the area and others who claimed that WHL shouldn’t exist because its existence destroyed their wilderness experience. I said:

I said I planned to visit WHL on my next trip thru the 100-mile "wilderness" (my 7th) and I still plan to. Nothing here has indicated it would be less than I'd expect.
    i'm not lashing out. i'm telling the truth. it's your problem if you can't deal with it. i don't have time to babysit.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Well, so much for law and order. There are those of us who think the Appalachian Trail should be maintained as wild as possible within the laws that govern such things.

Then there are those who think support of wildness and following regulations are only things that panzies do. Especially when the alternative is the chance to pay $8 for a one pound spiced up hamburger bun.

Weary
    once you twist the truth, it is no longer truth.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    As opposed to spending $474 for 6 nights at AMC sponsored resorts in the 100-Mile "Wilderness"?

Your hypocrisy is absolutely staggering...
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++