WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiking the Israel National Trail - FOXNews

FOXNews

Hiking the Israel National Trail
    FOXNews
    Inspired by the Appalachian Trail in the US, the trail was officially marked in 1995. Largely patched together by linking existing trails throughout the ...

More...

Just finished a book, "Walk the Land" by Judith Galblum Pex. She and her husband walked the trail several years ago. The book describes their hike. Very awsome to read of another trail in another country..

Graywolf
    "So what if theres a mountain, get over it!!!" - Graywolf, 2010

I actually met a guy last month who had hiked the trail who showed me a slide show of it. It's definitely on my list of things I'd like to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I actually met a guy last month who had hiked the trail who showed me a slide show of it. It's definitely on my list of things I'd like to do now.
    The places the trail goes by and the places you see. Not only where the "12 Disciples" walked, but araes that are mentioned in the old testament, and the most famous city of them all "Petra".. That would be a hike in it's self. I bet that slide show was something to see...

Graywolf

Petra is in Jordon.

The INT does not go into Jordon. Nor does it go into any disputed territories (West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights).
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaTouron View Post
    Petra is in Jordon.

The INT does not go into Jordon. Nor does it go into any disputed territories (West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights).

You ar correct..I looke dat the book, they took a side trip to Petra, Sorry so much for the mistake...The couple runs a hostel in Eiliat, on the red Sea at the Egytian Border.. While hiking the trail, they did take several detours to other sites...Even though the INT dosnt go into West bank, it does skirt it..

This wasnt a border debating thread, I was just remarking on a wonderfull book of the trail Sorry that offened you....

The name of the Hostel is the Shelter Hostel, Their website is:

www.shelterhostel.com and they information there regarding the trail..

Graywolf

Images

I walked the southern half of the trail and made a video for my friends website. It is indeed amazing! So pumped to see people interested in this.

www.israelnationaltrail.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I actually met a guy last month who had hiked the trail who showed me a slide show of it.
    Was it Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Was it Tom?
    It was a guy who attending the ADZPCTKO, I forget his name. I'd have to ask my friend who was with me since he remembers those things better. There were also two ex-Israeli soldiers just off their required service who were hiking the PCT this year and had also hiked parts or all the INT.

Images

Was the slideshow narrated, have music and lots of flowers? If so, it was Tom. I'm pretty sure he was the only guy walking around with an Apple laptop too. Good guy. Lots of Israeli ex-soldiers there too. He was planning to hike the trail again next year with a few people from ADZPCTKO.

++ New Posts ++