WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Oh ... I thought it said what are you drinking?

Deadeye ... Let me take you down cuz I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
    Finally somebody understands me!

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    Just for reference, this is one of the very first posts on WhiteBlaze, from 2002, from the guy ("EasyHiker") who created WhiteBlaze. While times (and policies) may have changed, it's worth remembering:
    "this forum has no rules or censorship and nothing is to stupid. I designed this site to be that way and I hope the new owners respect the tradition that has gone on here and keep it that way.

Theres tons of information on this forum and as you could probably see its not the same old people commenting all the time."
    "Moderation" now exists, but I think even the strictest moderator keeps this essential concept in mind.

TW
    Weasy. Did you not threaten to sue one of the members of this site unless he retracted a statement (joking around) telling you to "put your crack pipe down"?
    (he did retract. Congrats, weasy )

Sickening!
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

Images

Well, depending on how much one looks back accurately at that whole situation, it basically proves what Easy said: "Nothing is to [sic] stupid." And, as all here who might care surely know by now, I don't make the rules here, so whatever was done back then certainly shows that censorship wasn't going on by WhiteBlaze. People have told me I've made mistakes, and now and then I've agreed and withdrawn things. So have others. So yeah, I kind of yearn for those days, in many ways. But, as I noted earlier, those have passed, in large part. What was said about me then might not be allowed now - I'm not in charge, so I neither know nor care - and what I said might not, either.

But I guess Austexs' post shows that much of the oldtime freedom remains; he can flame me and it remains posted, and I don't hold that against him, even if that would matter. I don't even mind him calling me "Weasy." Seems to me, these days, that what people do when flames break out speaks more about them than about their target. So Austexs can say, and do, as he wishes, and I wish him well in doing so.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

But I guess Austexs' post shows that much of the oldtime freedom remains; he can flame me and it remains posted, and I don't hold that against him, even if that would matter.
    Where did Austex "flame" you? If my memory serves correct -- I got a PM from the prospective defendent when this all went down -- then Austex is restating the facts as they were reported to me at the time. It ain't a flame if its the truth.

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    So we all like to agree with each other in a big way, Just like we don't like being told NO by our parents. So when something is written its on another plane vs spoken. We can tear it apart when its written. When you write something from the heart to help someone here on WB and someone disagrees with you... How do you handle it? What do you do differently. Why would the opposite posistion be off the wall?

Just thoughts folks.... In fact Why do some posts get a rise out of you?
    who's hand is supporting you mr. owl?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
    Sitting back with popcorn to watch the fun begin......
    Who let you in here? Thought your aze was banned
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
    Sitting back with popcorn to watch the fun begin......

But I guess Austexs' post shows that much of the oldtime freedom remains; he can flame me and it remains posted, and I don't hold that against him, even if that would matter. I don't even mind him calling me "Weasy." Seems to me, these days, that what people do when flames break out speaks more about them than about their target. So Austexs can say, and do, as he wishes, and I wish him well in doing so.

TW
    So you won't be sueing Astex then? . . . that's cool because. . .

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Where did Austex "flame" you? If my memory serves correct -- I got a PM from the prospective defendent when this all went down -- then Austex is restating the facts as they were reported to me at the time. It ain't a flame if its the truth.

Welcome back.
    . . . you seem to have gone to the same school as BJack at denying the actual truth. . . . . . . . please don't sue me, my tent is all I have and cardboard boxs are cumbersome on the trail . . . .

There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus! Monkeyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Who let you in here? Thought your aze was banned
    Don't believe everything that you breathe, got a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve, so shave your face with some mace in the dark, saving all your food stamps and burning down the trailer park.

Yo, cut it.

"Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you always have to put your two cents in?"
    - Stephen Wright

Images

Just for reference, this is one of the very first posts on WhiteBlaze, from 2002, from the guy ("EasyHiker") who created WhiteBlaze. While times (and policies) may have changed, it's worth remembering:
    "this forum has no rules or censorship and nothing is to stupid.
    TW
    Thankyou from the head moron.

I sense batman or some other dark force is out to punish anybody who dared to offend him/her on WB (especially if their pork chops were not prepared to their proper satisfaction).

Now Mr. Owl ... what were we drinking?
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Thankyou from the head moron.

I sense batman or some other dark force is out to punish anybody who dared to offend him/her on WB (especially if their pork chops were not prepared to their proper satisfaction).

Now Mr. Owl ... what were we drinking?
    Undrinkium?? . . . .

Images

That's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    That's why I left WB so long ago. It seems to be much more respectful than it used to be. Or maybe it's just the threads I choose to read here now and I'm not seeing the rest. But I'm enjoying WB again.
    Yep. It was the second one. Not so much fun already.

Images

My favorite thread is the What's a Wargy Thread or something like that.

Too bad not so much the Other thread. It never achieved that height and glory as the Warghy's.

This was a shameless plug for you to post (if you haven't 100s of times already) on the No Such Thing As A Whargy/(who started that thread. I'd link it here if I knew how).

Images

Wharrgy made me say that.

It's actually pretty simple. Since I am usually right, anyone who disagrees with me is naturally wrong.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    It's just a silly fun thread. . . .

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...+Warraghiyagey
    i only get...
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 104857600 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 60635 bytes) in /home/atphotos/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 1275
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Just thoughts folks.... In fact Why do some posts get a rise out of you?
    Most of the posts in this topic just give me a blank stare. What?? What on Earth are they talking about?
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Most of the posts in this topic just give me a blank stare. What?? What on Earth are they talking about?
    Well, it's hard to get a rise out of you with every post. Heck, even Hank Aaron didn't hit it out of the park every time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++