WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    Another shot in the dark... maybe the fuel is not the problem. Have you tried the same set up with a different stove? I wonder if maybe you're not getting complete combustion from your stove.
    Hmm, that's an interesting question. I have not tried the same setup with a different stove, though I should say that I get flames from every hole all the way around... is it possible that it's still, for lack of a better term, "undercombusting"? I'll have to give it a try, that's a great idea. Thanks!

Garlic
    Images

This is a long shot, too, but are there any other chemicals stored near the pot? Like sunscreen or insect repellent?

I once had all the food in a mail drop taste real bad because I included some insect repellent in the box. Even the sealed food acquired the taste.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

Quote Originally Posted by garlic08 View Post
    This is a long shot, too, but are there any other chemicals stored near the pot? Like sunscreen or insect repellent?

I once had all the food in a mail drop taste real bad because I included some insect repellent in the box. Even the sealed food acquired the taste.
    Hmm. I keep my pens near it, but I did use the pot at home on the stove with all the same accoutrements (Aeropress/water/etc.) and didn't have a flavor, so I'm thinking it must be related to the fuel/cookware somehow.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

One more thing that might affect the combustion: distance from top of stove to bottom of pot. Eliminate all the variables, and what's left is your problem. Simple!

been lurking this forum for some time now and am really impressed with the amount of information and knowledgeable people on here

i have started to make a few alcohol stoves and was using HEET in them, but because of this forum went and bought some denatured alcohol

i found a product - Klean Strip "Green" Denatured Alcohol, and see that it is atleast 90% ethanol, if i'm not mistaken this should burn very good in my stoves, doesn't ethanol have a higher heat out put than the mentanol that is found in HEET?

boot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++