WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I love this thread Matty and it makes me LMAO that others are showing their love and understanding of you to type somewhat like you. It's all good. And to reiterate your point. I read a report that excessive cell phone use does some bad things to your brain.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    And to reiterate your point. I read a report that excessive cell phone use does some bad things to your brain.
    so ... you shuld just stick with ascid?
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    I love this thread Matty and it makes me LMAO that others are showing their love and understanding of you to type somewhat like you. It's all good. And to reiterate your point. I read a report that excessive cell phone use does some bad things to your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    so ... you shuld just stick with ascid?
    laffin my ***terick off.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

are it a guy thang?
    K2 Able to leap small twigs with a single bound.
    I did it. I said I’ll do it, and I’ve done it. [after she summited Katahdin] –EMMA ‘GRANDMA’ GATEWOOD

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    spell predujuse and spell racism and spell hatred and spell natzis dont make me laugh. how many times do you forget how to spell "is" or "when" or your name? it aint so funny when you would like to be as good a speller as say,...wordboy"camo jack"?one day when my art sells ill go to spelling and come back with enormouse words spelled correctly all over. and on that day, on that glorious day,...i will spell with the stars. my heros of spelling are,..in order of coolness,.....:
    camo jack.

in other news,....i belive we are talking about old school hikeing without electronics. i wonder how many youngins aint ever done it. i have a new trick for you all to try. turn off your ringers and set your phones to one beep and vibrate. i have done this about a year now. heres what i learned. no one needs to contact you as a matter of life and death. most calls are annoying. phones suck in priciple.and not hearing allarms such as ringgers is important for our over taxed minds to relax. life with a scilent phone has been wonderful. i check it alot but never hear it. we have created a world of noises that bother the functions of the brain.thats why we dont hike in midtown manhaten.because quiet is as priceless as deodorant to pirate. as golden as gypsy to wolf. as precious as pretzle m&m's. and as worthy as tanks shoes and his shirt combined. only quiet can help us now. we have all been battered and fried with the horrid screechings of a world insane. hikers, shut up your phones and take a page from the book of tank. listen. you may hear one beep and feel a vibrating sensation but your not going to jump and run and fall running to answer a phone whos ringer was designed as a tourture for when waterboarding fails. imagine listening to a ringer for 24 hours. or talking continuosly on a cell for that period. its frightening how streesfilled thes devises are. lets return to a quiet time where folks can whisper sweet somethings in each others beer.
    Truer words are never mispoken. Sell phones are but a meta for lives miss led. Lead us not into frustration in these daze of ringtonement. Loose your marbles but hold onto your beauties. Beauties worth two marbles, and will save the world. Crockies, worth five, but don't fit so well in pockets. When I'm an a-hole I look like this...

Spell nazis? There's a lot more going on in that bowl of word salad than a little creative spelling.

I will say that of those fully-formed, clear thoughts you did express I do agree. Too much technology on the trail does degrade the experience. But to each his own so long as they don't try to cram that technology down my throat and make me use it too.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Spell nazis? There's a lot more going on in that bowl of word salad than a little creative spelling.

I will say that of those fully-formed, clear thoughts you did express I do agree. Too much technology on the trail does degrade the experience. But to each his own so long as they don't try to cram that technology down my throat and make me use it too.
    If the camera is the new gun, is technology the new religion?
    2010 SoBo Attemptee. Spraied ankle in PA. Worst day of my life.

Images

matthewski is a gnatchrul jean yus, nun can shine to his lite.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    matthewski is a gnatchrul jean yus, nun can shine to his lite.
    I asked for a bud lite.

Default Open the Pod Doors Hal ...........

in other news,....i belive we are talking about old school hikeing without electronics. i wonder how many youngins aint ever done it.......
    Does this involve wearing cotton tube socks too?

Some folks react to their cell as if Henry Kissenger is calling for advice!
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

sorry but Ovaltine was Captain Midnight. Attachment 8885

shut up your phones and take a page from the book of tank.
    Yes, I agree, take a page from the book of me. Although my book would tell you to forget the phone completely. I am quite happy without one, that way no one can ever bother me, unless they actually take the trouble to find me in person.

Images

I thought Jack's words were etched in stone...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

With a chisel and two giant stone tablets? .....I remember a bearded guy on the Sinai Peninsula did the same thing a few years back....what was his name?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by turtle fast View Post
    With a chisel and two giant stone tablets? .....I remember a bearded guy on the Sinai Peninsula did the same thing a few years back....what was his name?
    You know, I heard about him. Seems he wore sandals and carried a carried a walking staff, too.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Images

Holy Moses!!

Chuck Heston.

lone wolf.....

I know who you're talking about, but I don't know his trail name.

Amazing man! Do you know he hiked for forty years without mail drops?
    K2 Able to leap small twigs with a single bound.
    I did it. I said I’ll do it, and I’ve done it. [after she summited Katahdin] –EMMA ‘GRANDMA’ GATEWOOD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++