WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Protecting bottom of external frame

In the past I used heavy wraps of electrical tape to protect the bottom of my pack from damage. After thinking about how to protect the bottom of the pack - especially the actual frame - from damage, I took all the tape off my other frames. I realized that the webbing in that area could wick moisture inside the taped area where it would not be able to dry out. I was afraid that the tape covered webbing would rot. Check out the pics in my gallery. I made a prototype for a frame protector on the bottom of the pack. It was quick and simple, and I can take it off to let that area dry out after a trip. It just attaches with velcro, but it feels sturdy. The fabric is a remant from a Dana Designs rain fly. If this one gets ripped off in a blow down I will make another that laces onto the bottom - it would take more effort to remove, but would stay on better.

Attachment 8959

Attachment 8960
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.

Thats a good idea. My old ext frame (Kelty Super Tioga) is beat to hell on the bottom metal frame but still usable.
    When night falls she cloaks the world in impenetrable darkness, A chill rises from the soil and contaminates the air, suddenly....life has new meaning.

++ New Posts ++