WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Need advice- which way to go getting back onto the AT?

I started going SoBo at the end of June, made it to Gorham but had to go down to CT where I am now for my bros wedding. The trail is just a few miles from the wedding so Im going to get on here in CT, which I know is skipping 400+ miles- but should I head north to cover what I missed and then find a way back down to CT to continue from here or should I just keep going south and then when Im done I will go back and finish the 400 i skipped?
    I think itd be weird doing some of it north, i like the idea of keeping on going south which would ensure id be done by thanksgiving anyway but then itd be too cold to do the northern states here.
    what do you think??
    2010 SoBo Attemptee. Spraied ankle in PA. Worst day of my life.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spot In The Sky View Post
    I started going SoBo at the end of June, made it to Gorham but had to go down to CT where I am now for my bros wedding. The trail is just a few miles from the wedding so Im going to get on here in CT, which I know is skipping 400+ miles- but should I head north to cover what I missed and then find a way back down to CT to continue from here or should I just keep going south and then when Im done I will go back and finish the 400 i skipped?
    I think itd be weird doing some of it north, i like the idea of keeping on going south which would ensure id be done by thanksgiving anyway but then itd be too cold to do the northern states here.
    what do you think??
    In August, I'd rather be in NH/VT/CT where it is cooler and water is plentiful.
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spot In The Sky View Post
    what do you think??
    6 of one, half dozen of the other.

I'd probably try to get a ride back to Gorham and just pick up where I left off.

Considering how hot and humid it has been the past month it's a no-brainer, head back to Gorham.

++ New Posts ++