Default Help finding shuttle rides to and from PCT in CA

I'm planning on doing a long section hike on the PCT starting in Mid Sept 2010.

I've got all my stuff mostly worked out except getting to and from the trail.

I'll be flying into LA and want to start my trip at Kennedy Meadows. Due to distance I'm planning on traveling, it makes sense for me to fly back home from Sacramento. I'll also need a ride back to the airport when I'm done.

Any ideas where I can get a list of reputable shuttle drivers? I looked on the PCT website and other sites, but just couldn't find any.

Thanks - Peace
    Peace Be With You

Quote Originally Posted by 7Sisters View Post
    I'm planning on doing a long section hike on the PCT starting in Mid Sept 2010.

I've got all my stuff mostly worked out except getting to and from the trail.

I'll be flying into LA and want to start my trip at Kennedy Meadows. Due to distance I'm planning on traveling, it makes sense for me to fly back home from Sacramento. I'll also need a ride back to the airport when I'm done.

Any ideas where I can get a list of reputable shuttle drivers? I looked on the PCT website and other sites, but just couldn't find any.

Thanks - Peace
    I would try the PCT-L.

I'm in Seattle so I'm no use to you at all.

Post on the PCT-L where/when you are starting (Kennedy Meadows) and where you are getting off the trail. There is bus service to/from Yosemite and off the eastern Sierra Neveda along Hwy 395.

Dicentra and Miner - thanks for your help and information.

Question about PCT-L. I sent a note to them with the information, but I'm not understanding how it works.

It doesn't appear like a forum where I can see posts, replies and other information. How does it work? How do people see it, reply and how do I see their replies?

Thanks
    Peace Be With You

The PCT-L is an old style email based forum. To be able to post, you have to subscribe first. Make sure you turn off the email delivery option (ie. vacation mode) by editting the options on the subscribe page (you can change it after you subscribe if you have already) or every post will be sent to your email which will overwhelm you. You don't have to receive the posts via email as you can instead read them via the archives online. New posts show up there within a minute. However, today, it seems the list is having some problems and isn't responding so perhaps that was your problem. Give it a few hours and try again.

Go here to subscribe or change your subscription options: http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l

Go here to read the forum from the archives: http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/

To post email to this address: [email protected]

++ New Posts ++