WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stratton Motel

You act as if it was her responsibility to email you, return your package, and talk to you on the phone until you were done talking. It would be nice if she done these things, but it is not her job. You did what? Pay for a night sleeping there? Get real. You bad mouthed the lady and her business because she didn't do you a favor quick enough to satisfy you. Get real, how did you become so entitled?

Clyde

Images

He wasn't bad mouthing her business. He was simply asking if anything like that has ever happend to anyone else at that motel. I would have been concerned too.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    It's hard to be objective when you're the one with the problem - I think he did pretty good compared to the way a lot of people go off.

Glad it worked out too. I've got a pair of boots and a big jar of Nutella sitting in Monson that I can't get any action on - very similar to this situation in some ways..

It's an old pair of boots... what I really want is the jar of Nutella.
    where exactly is this jar? i'm in monson like every other weekend these days....

course if it's been sitting at lakeshore.....ew

Quote Originally Posted by rcli4 View Post
    You act as if it was her responsibility to email you, return your package, and talk to you on the phone until you were done talking. It would be nice if she done these things, but it is not her job. You did what? Pay for a night sleeping there? Get real. You bad mouthed the lady and her business because she didn't do you a favor quick enough to satisfy you. Get real, how did you become so entitled?

Clyde
    stop trying to butter me up

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vonfrick View Post
    where exactly is this jar? i'm in monson like every other weekend these days....

course if it's been sitting at lakeshore.....ew
    Yep, if it's still there it's on the stairs at Lakeshore House as you go up to the rooms.

Priority mail box, name "Tom Bradford" on the box. You can write "refused" on the box and drop it off at the post office.

It would be really cool if you'd check on it - I've got a pair of Inov 8 boots that are still pretty good in that box. You can have the nutella - but if you open the box you have to pay postage again.

Quote Originally Posted by jnl82381 View Post
    I don't feel I need to apologize for stating fact, and I find it insulting that you would question my integrity insinuating that I do. Even if it was done with a .
    '
    The fact that you don't feel the need to aplologize tells the
    'facts' of this story. . . by posting all your insinuations that were unfounded, you have proved you have no integrity in this matter. . . Sue in Stratton, has been an example of integrity and grace for many years. . . you're just a little bitch who got a hangnail on the trail and wants to whine to everyone about it. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rcli4 View Post

Clyde

The Animal (class of 2010) jnl82381's Avatar

WOW!

If I wanted to wine I could have, and could have made accusations. I just read through my posts a few times looking for where I could have sugar coated things a little more. But in the end, that's all it would have been...a sugar coating.

Thanks for your insight though

Images

He did mention:

I will say that while I stayed at the motel, Sue was very pleasant. So I'm not really sure why I'm not getting any good feedback from her now.
    He could have posted : Stratton Motel stole my trekking poles
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

WOW!

If I wanted to wine I could have, and could have made accusations. I just read through my posts a few times looking for where I could have sugar coated things a little more. But in the end, that's all it would have been...a sugar coating.

I don't have a dog in this fight but this is the internet so........

I think you handled it very well myself. At no time did I feel like you were saying anything negative about Sue the person. Sounds like you just wanted to know if your poles were there or not and personally, I don't think that's asking a lot.

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

I stayed at the Stratton Motel in July of this year. I had a very pleasant experience. Sue is a very good innkeeper.

You should not have packages sent via UPS to locations that you won't be at to collect them. This was your problem. Not Sue's problem. Plain and simple.

You could have avoided this situation by being at the Stratton Motel when your poles arrived.

WOW!

Your Welcome. Glad I could help.

Clyde

Images

Only issue was a drunken wind turbine worker bursting in our room rambling about how we owe him a pizza.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++