Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sports bras

Default Ultralight Bra

Hi New to the forum and planning a 2012 hike.
    Looking for an ultralight sports bra. I'm a B cup so not too much to cover up..
    So far I'm leaning toward the Patagonia barely bra (@ $29) -.9 oz //87% Polyester (69% recycled)/13% spandex
    I like the Athleta Bra's (particularly for the anti-odor quality) but I'm not sure how much they weigh. Does anyone know or have any other suggestions? Thanks!

I decided that weight doesn't matter nearly as much as drying power does, since I'll be wearing it Can anyone attest to the Moving Comfort Fiona bra's drying speed? Thanks

Danceskins from walmart...light weight without being flimsy and come in an assortment of colors.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SugarGirl View Post
    If you want ones without any fasteners you might try the Champions line at Target. they are stretchy and supportive and dry fairly quickly. i have a couple that I wear often and never had a chafing problem.
    +1 for the Champion sports bra! I buy them in a 2-pack at Costco. They're awesome. Fast-drying and super-supportive. I live in them.

I'm not a hiker (just a hiker's GF), but I am a fairly well-endowed horseback rider, and I've ditched sports bras in favor of minimizer bras from Wacoal. The model that I prefer is a nylon/poly blend without underwires, and it's incredibly comfortable and quick-drying. It's supportive enough that I can sit a bouncy trot without feeling like I'm in danger of giving myself a black eye, and holds up very well to hard use.

I'm going to hike part of the Foothills Trail with my husband in April. Being uncomfortable wearing a bra almost any time (56yo, 33nearlyB), and never having found one that suits...I'm just found something on TitleNine, from Moving Comfort, that I'm going to try. Thanks for all the suggestions - hike ON!
    Now shall I walk
    or shall I ride?
    "Ride," Pleasure said:
    "Walk," Joy replied.
    ~W.H. Davies

This thread reminded me of a sports bra company whose website has an interesting sales pitch: the Bounce-o-meter. It's, um, frightening and hypnotic: http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html

Someone mentioned placing their bra in the sleeping bag to dry overnight. Do you place it in there wet?! I'm about to head out on AT and I've been wondering how to dry my bra without hanging it off of my pack during the day :-)

I use something like this:
    http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/...?p=32104-1-374

I find that I really don't need the support of the bra when I'm backpacking. The backpack kind of takes care of any bouncing (I'm a C-cup) because of the sternum strap. What I need is protection from chafing and modesty so something fairly flimsy works best. It dries fast, too, and I can sleep in it without hardly knowing it's there and there are no fasteners so nothing digs into my back.

The other thing I do is wear a tank top that has a built-in shelf bra.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

target synthetic kind. Champion brand. No problems. Weighs about three ounces but, it's comfortable.

Once again, I've had a time...I cannot stand racer-backs, they drive me insane - too many injuries in that area, maybe...so after searching Patagonia, Danskin, and every other bra brand mentioned here, I found this at TitleNine, and ordered it today. http://www.titlenine.com/product/spo...ortby=ourPicks Being back to an A cup again, and only 33 around, am I going to have to start looking in the girls departments again? That's where my little grandma had to shop...*sigh*
    Now shall I walk
    or shall I ride?
    "Ride," Pleasure said:
    "Walk," Joy replied.
    ~W.H. Davies

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Once again, I've had a time...I cannot stand racer-backs, they drive me insane - too many injuries in that area, maybe...so after searching Patagonia, Danskin, and every other bra brand mentioned here, I found this at TitleNine, and ordered it today. http://www.titlenine.com/product/spo...ortby=ourPicks Being back to an A cup again, and only 33 around, am I going to have to start looking in the girls departments again? That's where my little grandma had to shop...*sigh*
    Enjoy it. I'm DD. My boobs hang out the bottom of my sports bras. It aint cute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++