WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Backpacking pads for couples?

We've been packing two zrests stuck together, but we have a tendency to push them apart when we have our bags zipped together. Anyone know of an inflatable pad wide enough for a couple that isn't car camping heavy?

We can almost fit on a regular pad (we sleep in a one man tent), but just need something a bit wider.

what we use is this:

a medium neo air and a short neo air and 2 lengths of paracord (whic his a good idea to have anyway)

the cord we just tie the pads together. and we use a short and a medium on a slight tilt, both of our feet go on the one that's full length (err, medium length, whateber ; )

Registered User LoneRidgeRunner's Avatar
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Patchfoot View Post
    We've been packing two zrests stuck together, but we have a tendency to push them apart when we have our bags zipped together. Anyone know of an inflatable pad wide enough for a couple that isn't car camping heavy?

We can almost fit on a regular pad (we sleep in a one man tent), but just need something a bit wider.
    I'm a solo hiker but I have a Mountain Hardwear closed cell foam pad that is 20 inches wide and has toggles (guess that's what you would call em) and corresponding loops on the other side to attach 2 pads together. I have had this pad for years and I just came from Mountain Hardwear site and couldn't find ANY pads now. Surely they haven't stopped making them. I also couldn't find any pads by Mountain Hardwear on the Mountain Gear site either. Any way, if you can find one it's a great pad and can be coupled with another pad. HINT: Mine is NOT for sale...lol..

btw, we also sleep under a double qide top quilt that is 2lbs 2 ounces ( to share! ) good to 20 F and the size of a queen sized comforter...

best campin nights sleep we ever had.

oh additionally, Exped sells a coupler kit for the Downmats, but unless it's going to be seriously bellow zero, those are pretty much 'car camping' heavy (mmm but car camping comfortable)

Images

I have been thinking about this recently. I was thinking about cutting small slits with a hot knife then using a few pieces of Velcro. I figure 4 small pieces of velcrow cant weight more then an ounce or two but will the pads rip apart?

Contact Bender from http://kookabay.com and see if he can do a custom size.

Hike smarter, not harder.

Bender does nice work.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

++ New Posts ++