WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Images

Exclamation Fifth Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner - Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fifth Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here's the itinerary (you are welcome to any or all of the activities; the main activity is the dinner gathering):

8:00 a.m. - It is the last Saturday of the month, so it's REI Volunteer Day at Radnor Lake State Natural Area, from 8:00 to Noon. Anyone interested in volunteering for trail maintenance?
    Friends of Radnor Lake

2:00 - a hike at Radnor Lake SNA to see the new and rebuilt South Cove Trail, parts of which were wiped out by the May storm that caused the Nashville flood. Details to be announced.

5:00 - THE MAIN EVENT: Dinner at Ruby Tuesday next door to REI in Brentwood. RSVPs are very helpful, so I can tell Ruby Tuesday how many to expect.

7:00 - Presentation next door at REI by Rob Connor on his 2010 thru-hike of the AT.

Questions? Volunteers? Complaints? Anyone needing a place to stay? Anyone offering a place to stay for out-of-towners?

If you need to MapQuest a map or directions to the REI, here is the address (and phone number) (Ruby Tuesday is next door)--
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Check this thread for changes and updates, which I'll post if necessary.

I'm looking forward to seeing whoever is able to attend. Nothing like getting together for good food and yakking with fellow AT hikers. Well, except for hiking!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Hi RainMan,

I'll try to attend, let you know for sure later. I've never attended before but plan a thru hike this March, should learn a lot from you guy's. Thanks a lot.

Hiken2011
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

Count me in! I'll need a fix. I'll have quit my job and be in the final countdown on my thru.

Images

Default Can't wait

Jan and I plan to be there and maybe my grandson.

If I'm home by then, I'll be there.

RainMan - my wife and I will be there. Look forward to it.

Images

I'll be in town teaching a workshop at Belmont. It'll go until 5:30 or 6 so I'll miss most of the event, but I'll try to catch you all at either Ruby Tuesday or REI before we head back to Chattanooga.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Images

Count me in! Bearpaw, it will be good to see you again.
    Turtle2

Images

I should be able to make it Rain Man. Mick will be out of town.
    Last edited by Lilred; 01-16-2011 at 17:23.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    I should be able to make it Rain Man. Mick will be out of town.
    "While the cat's away...," eh?!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

Images

Yikes!! If I played every time the cat was away I'd be one tired....... well you get it...
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I'll be there. The one talking too much about the trail. Maybe for once that'll be appreciated! Let Rain Man or myself know if there are any specific aspects of the trail/thru-hiking that you'd like me to try to work in to my chat.

Images

hamhocker and I will be there
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

The wife and I will be there for the dinner and talk. Depends on what time I get back from Chicago if I can do Radnor hike.

Images

bummer, looks like I'll miss it....

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

If my second cataract surgery goes as well as the first one is, I will be able to be there. Second is scheduled for the 17th. to

You know that I've always wanted to go to one of these things, and who knows (?) I may still need a couple of items from REI by then. Yep, I want to be there. Sign me up for the talk and the dinner. (I'll be driving all day Saturday.) And, if you know, give me a list of at least "2-star" motels close by in case I can't camp out.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SawnieRobertson View Post
    ... give me a list of at least "2-star" motels close by in case I can't camp out.--Kinnickinic
    The palatial Myers Manor will have its doors open for you!!! My wife will insist, if I didn't!

RainMan

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    The palatial Myers Manor will have its doors open for you!!! My wife will insist, if I didn't!

RainMan

Looking forward to seeing Stitch and you. I think I need your phone number.--Sawnie
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Registered User Fat Man Walking's Avatar
    Images

Default The Fat Man Cometh

Seems like when I am on the AT, I always wind up hiking with folks from Tennessee. Tractor, Stix, Cody..... Guess it is a cultural/language thing.....Just seems like the thing to do is come to Nashville and meet some more of you. And, sneak in a visit with my daughter and S-I-L while I am at it. Don't know if I will make the day's activities but, will for sure be at the dinner.

My wife says she wonders if this will be like an AA meeting???? "My Name is Fat Man and I'm a Section Hiker." Hi Fat Man!!!!

In all seriousness, looking forward to making new friends.
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

Intriguing, I didn't know about this event..hmm...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++