WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by freemarie View Post
    Intriguing, I didn't know about this event..hmm...
    Well... how come?! What's yer excuse?! At least you found out in plenty of time. Are you comin'?

P.S. This event is posted at least three places online, three different sites. I try!

RainMan

Last edited by Rain Man; 02-15-2011 at 11:23. Reason: typo
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Hello Rainman, my son and I will attend this event. We will arrive at 1700 and hope to meet you guys at Ruby Tuesday.

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Already posted over at the Backpackers meetup as well Rain Man, but Jan and I will be there for dinner and the presentation afterwards....

Images

Question

Anyone(s) willing to officially lead a hike (or two?) at Radnor Lake State Natural Area that afternoon and get back in time for dinner as scheduled?

If so, please shoot me a message and let me know.

Right now, the South Cove Trail is scheduled (hopefully) to be re-opened (after many months of repair following the May flooding "landslide") on March 1st. I am asking them for a special pre-Grand-re-opening hike for our group. We'll see.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

I plan on getting there @ 1700 with a guest.

Images

Rain Man, my wife and I will definitely be there! I wish we could help out throughout the day, but I can only make it to the dinner because of work, see you there!
    The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church. - Tertullian

Hi. I'm new here, wanted to let you know I plan to be there next Sat. I'm excited to meet everyone.
    Cody

Images

Rain Man, I will be there as earlier noted, but, now I'll be bringing Jim. If I don't have to work, we'll be there for the hike.
    Turtle2

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    Yikes!! If I played every time the cat was away I'd be one tired....... well you get it...
    No, I don't get it! (If you can pun, so can I.) LOL

I see under your WB name that you've hiked Springer to Front Royal. I'll be caught up with you this May!

See you Saturday.

RainMan

Images

Exclamation

Just bumping this thread up, as the event is this Saturday.

I'm not sure who all is coming to what, but that's okay. I hope to see some of you at 8:00 on Saturday morning for the Radnor Lake Volunteer Day, working on the South Cove Trail.

Then at 1:30 anyone who wants to carpool can meet in the parking area between REI and Ruby Tuesday. We will then drive to Radnor Lake and meet up at the Visitors Center to begin a group hike around 1:45 to 2:00. Meet us there if you prefer. We'll do Ganier Ridge for sure (can see downtown Nashville from up there) and hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) might get to do the South Cove Trail (before its official opening next month). Those constitute the big loop at Radnor and are about 5 miles total. We do it in about 2 hours. Folks who prefer can walk the Lake Trail, which is flat.

Dinner is at 5:00 at Ruby Tuesday and we have three dozen folks signed up now. I'm about to warn the manager, as I do every year.

After dinner you can shop at REI before "Donnor" does his '10 thru-hike presentation at 7:00.

Keep updating those RSVPs as you know them. Am looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

RainMan

Last edited by Rain Man; 02-22-2011 at 12:38.

Hi Rainman,

My husband and I look forward to joining everyone for dinner. It will be great to meet such a lively bunch of hikers!

hwh

Looking forward to being there.

Images

Default Update

Rainman; There will be 3 of us as my 16 yr. old grandson is coming to the dinner with us. We may have to have them kill an extra fatted calf.

Images

Default Update

Jan and I and my grandson will be there at 5.

Sorry, I will start work in Georgia on the trail on Friday and will miss again.Please remind everyone if they are in Georgia hiking , to look me up . I will be on the trail between Springer and Bly Gap until the end of July.Have a great time and take a hike!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Sorry, I will start work in Georgia on the trail on Friday and will miss again.Please remind everyone if they are in Georgia hiking , to look me up . I will be on the trail between Springer and Bly Gap until the end of July.Have a great time and take a hike!
    Will do, Razor. What's your job? You ridge-running for the GATC?

RainMan

Images

Exclamation

Just got the reply from the head ranger: NO to hiking the South Cove Trail.

We will do the South Lake Trail, and Ganier Ridge Trail, and Lake Trail, in some order or the other. This shortens the distance a bit and lessens the difficulty. The hike will take about an hour and a half. We'll be done around 3:30.

RainMan

Yes, I'll be patrolling the Georgia section as the ridgerunner.It is fun and fullfilling to be working with all the starters on Springer-albit a challenge to get some to understand LNT and it's positives for them.It is also kind of funny that all the droped gear is worthless and not useable .We start 2-25.Hope you guys have a great hike and meeting.

Images

I won't get there this year either, not sure if I already said this, but I'm sitting in Texas until mid March. You guys have fun!

Images

Rain Man, I may have to cancel. I'm sick as a dog right now. I'll have to see how I feel on Saturday.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++