WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: My trail beer of choice is?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Kirin is freaking piss-water, its japanese budweiser. I love it when people say some **** import is their favorite, no knowledge at all...read up before you make a fool of your self

American Idiot
    Images

Oh the horror of liking cheap beer. The horror, the horror.
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

Default speak for yourself

I lived in Japan for over 15 years, have ample experience drinking Japanese beer and have a personal favorite. If that is too much for you to handle, I'm sorry.

"...some **** import..."

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read the first part of my post. I like the Japanse version of Kirin, not the Canadian brew that is imported into our country. Read the import label sometime, it is imported, but not from Japan. I don't recall the exact brewery, but its not from Japan. The Japanese brew is GOOD. I drank it on my hikes IN JAPAN.

"read up before you make a fool of yourself"....good advice.

As for your personal attacks against me, I can only imagine why you would attack someone on the internet, that you don't know, for sharing their experiences. Not the acts of a nice person. Again, since I don't know you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

PP: Yeah, Goat Tit Mtn. is the only real tall mtn in the area. I think its about 1100 ft. Not a tough climb. There's a cross at the top where some kids died years ago. I worked as a divemaster at El Mar dive center next to the laundromat.

If you researched it, youd find it was acctually made by Anheuser Busch...Mr. authentic Japanese Lager even the special japanese one, I know this stuff cause i work in the industry, Im a buyer for a chain of Liquor Stores
    -SO leave me alone...you started it

You're not really suggesting the Kirin I drank in Japan was made by A.B are you?

You called me ignorant and a fool. Leave you alone? I started it?

Hmmm.

Talking

Well, town beer is hands-down Guiness. But I will never drink a Guiness that has been packed out. Simply against the rules... The rules of correct temperature! I always packed out king cans of Budweiser, the Peach in me comin out.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    Oh the horror of liking cheap beer. The horror, the horror.
    A panel of alleged beer experts assembled by Consumer Reports in a blind test once rated Old Milwaukee as the best "popular" beer -- i.e. Bud, Miller, and the like.

I noticed the next time they tested beer, Old Milwaukee, wasn't even mentioned. CU never explains such inconsistencies. I suspect that so many Yuppies complained that the silence was deliberate. But I'll probably never know.

Weary

Default town beer should be town beer

I've been to many different places, in the US and around the world. I've always tried to drink the local brew, or at least try it. I've found that, without exception, the local brews match the local ambience (SP?). Never gone wrong with the local stuff. Caveat: I'm not old enough to have sampled the formaldehyde enhanced brews of south east asia during the 60's-80's.

Images

Default These are great times we live in

Quote Originally Posted by UCONNMike
    No Magic Hat or Long Trail on the list? the trail goes right thru a bunch of great micro-brew states. CT- Ole Burnside Brewing Company, Thomas Hooker Brewing Company ; MASS - Paper City Brewery, Harpoon Brewery ; VT - Long Trail Brewery, Magic Hat Brewery, Otter Creek Brewery ; NH - Smuttynose Brewery; Maine - Geary's Brewery, Shipyard Brewing Co., Atlantic Brewing Co. I try not to drink "swag" beer, i prefer a finely crafted ale, porter, IPA, stout, or barley wine.
    In the early 70's, when I started drinking beer, your choices were limited to 3 or 4 big national brands and whatever regional beer was available from the dying regional brewery in your area. Yuengling came within a whisker of going under in the 70's. Imports were almost impossible to get.

Now, Yuengling has a brewery in Florida! And, there are at least half a dozen quality small brewerys in Pa. alone (Troegs and Appalachian being close to the AT). And a couple lousy ones, too, which is also a good sign. You can walk into any bottle shop and select from at least 20 imports, including Belgian Ales.

I think this may be the Golden Age.
    Last edited by c.coyle; 12-18-2004 at 09:10. Reason: spelling

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin

Default Beer quotes

Beer is trully something man has given reverence to over the centuries.

http://www.bitterrootbrewing.com/beer_quotes.html

Default Read where the beer is made....

Take Foster's Beer for instance. When I was in Australia, I consumed large quantities of Foster's. When I got back to the states I decided to buy some. I new straight away it was NOT the same. After reading the label I discovered it was made in Canada under the license of Foster's Australia. Didn't even come close to the real stuff. I hope Heineken never does this crap.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge
    Take Foster's Beer for instance. When I was in Australia, I consumed large quantities of Foster's. When I got back to the states I decided to buy some. I new straight away it was NOT the same. After reading the label I discovered it was made in Canada under the license of Foster's Australia. Didn't even come close to the real stuff. I hope Heineken never does this crap.

I dislike Heineken a great deal but was forced to drink it in Athens this summer at the Olympics, as the company had a monopoly at the games as "the official beer of the olympics". It was way tastier than the crap we get over here in the bottles.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Images

Default Ballantine

About 5- 10 years ago I used to buy Ballantine Beer in a can. I haven't seen it in a while and was wondering if it was still around. I remember that it was cheap yet quite hoppy like a pale ale. Anyone have any info? I live in SC so we have some real crazy alcohol rules. There are a lot of products we cannot purchase because of alcohol content rules.
    Last edited by ed bell; 12-20-2004 at 01:21. Reason: spelling

Default Yes Yes Yes

SUCKERS OF IMPORTATION SECRETS: Well, not really secrets. Just be aware that the majority of "Imports" are not neccessarily imported from the expected country; and that the brew is different from the ****ry and the weak-ass North American version.

Good luck.

While I enjoy many of the beers listed in this poll, I find that they just do not cut it for me. I would prefer a good Moosehead any day!!!!!1[img]images/smilies/dance.gif[/img]

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji
    SUCKERS OF IMPORTATION SECRETS: Well, not really secrets. Just be aware that the majority of "Imports" are not neccessarily imported from the expected country; and that the brew is different from the ****ry and the weak-ass North American version. Good luck.

Who cares where it is from. If it tastes good, I drink it. Sheesh.

Water, yeast, hops, barley. It is just beer for crying out loud. I don't care if it "yuppie" or imported, comes from Sal's backyard or the "Lost Cities of Gold".

If it tastes good..drink it!

I know, I know. I am just a simple guy. Not appreciating the fine points of a brew. I just go by the very simple "yummy" factor. Maybe someday my taste will be more refined and I can appreciate the imported beer brewed with rose petals in Sal's backyard. In the meantime I'll stick to "Tasted good. Paul drink more." theory of beer drinking.

(Paul) Mags - loving his Fat Tire here in Colorado. A yummy beer.

Default Beer and God

Man made beer.
    God made pot.
    God is perfect.
    Man is not.
    --------
    "A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put
    the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus'
    lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished."
    With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." (John 19:29-30)
    ---------
    "For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and
    you say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking,
    and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax
    collectors and "sinners."'" (Luke 7:33-34)
    ---------
    I say eat, drink, and be merry. HYOH and do-it-up in good fun without trumping your neighbors fun. All alcohols have values and quality traits. Beer snobs are like hiking snobs; they have issues. My personal favorite beer is the one shared with or given to me.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

[/QUOTE] My personal favorite beer is the one shared with or given to me.[/QUOTE]

Amen!

I'd prefer a darker beer..but on a hot, sticky August day the can of PBR out of a cooler from a friend is heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by Mags
    Who cares where it is from. If it tastes good, I drink it. Sheesh.
    Mmmm....beeeeeerrrrrrrr.

Yeah, rereading these posts, I guess I do come off as a beer-weenie. I don't drink imported beer, I was just commenting on imported beer and where it did or didn't come from. Blahblahblah...

I'm currently enjoying a Yuengling.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++