Im glad I found this site. I am sure others have posted the same story Im about to post but this one is mine and would really like some feedback.

Im 33 and recently left a very unhappy job. I started back to school this month. I have been searching for "something" for my whole life I guess. I come from a Broken family, etc..etc...etc.. and it seems no matter what I do I just can't find it. Even having started school I just feel like Im crawling out of my skin. School is important to me but I have spent so much time f-ing my life up I just feel like I want to spend some time away from the craziness of it all. Im single, no kids...really nothing to keep me away from the trail. For a long time I just felt like i didn't have permission to do anything that was out of the "norm". Then I watched "into the Wild". Yes I know that movie ended with death and I don't wish that on anyone but I fell in love with Alexanders passion for life and also with his rebellious spirit.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this other then to say I HAVE to do something. I have to walk, I have to prove something to myself. I have to start somewhere!!. I have to get away from the madness. I have to just be with myself, and with other kindred spirits.
I feel very unprepared because basically I am. Would doing maybe a section of the trail this summer be a smart thing? I live in NC so getting to the trail is just a few hours. I almost feel like not doing something is much more dangerous then doing it. Sounds crazy but it's how I feel.
Can any of you relate to my babbling? If so let me know if I just need to up my prozac...lol...or if you think Im not really crazy at all. Thanks!!