In a recent post of mine, I stated I would still speak out on issues that I feel are relevant and important to the safety of the trail. So I will make my comments and answer those who wish a response.

I’ve moved my responses here instead of, Training Dogs for the Trail, so that thread can stay on subject…

Quote from Blue Jay: Sorry, I was out hiking. All this vitriol and then you apologize

The apology was to Saraphim and for getting off topic and in no way an apology to you.

However, it was a nice attempt to hide from having to answer the questions. The full message written to Blue Jay which he refuses to answer, (Along with many other questions in the thread, are:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...?t=6725&page=3 Message #96.

Just to save time here are the 2 main questions:

Quote from Blue Jay about knowing the Hells Angels: “I know most of the local Angel chapter as Blue Jay”

Simple question:.
1. Since you’re such good friends with them, please prove it. Take a video cam and go yuck it up with the boys.

Don't forget, we need a way to verify that they know what their picture is being used for.

When will you be sending us this information?

Quote from Blue Jay: "I would be thrilled if they would hike the trail."

Simple question:
2. Why not take a poll and see how many of your fellow hikers here on White Blaze would, "Be thrilled if they would hike the trail."?

(I’m sure you know how to start a poll, so why not see how many would be thrilled?)

I wonder how many females on the trail would feel safe if Blue Jay, or anyone else for that matter, sent a letter to any of the Hell’s Angles, and other outlaw motorcycle gangs, informing them of Shelter locations and how many single female hikers are on the trail and invited them on out?

I will continue to post these comments and questions to you until either you answer or retract them.

White Oak:
I’ll answer your question, but I have one for you 1st. Why did you send me this private message?

Fun
Come on down to Arkansas and I guarantee I'll give you a climax. Even if I have to spend 40 minutes licking that prescise spot!

So White Oak, I’ll need a precise address. Please send a phone number as well so you can be notify ahead of time to rest that tongue of yours up beforehand.. I also get the feeling; the animal wild life has gotten either too fast or bored with you?

However, I will answer your questions in post # 105 on Training Dogs for the Trail.

What's the beef, Jill?

Untrained dogs on the trail, and people who don’t respect others space or property. Pretty simple…

Didn't let go and enjoy life when you were young?

Enjoyed life both then and now and you?

Bitter now? Nope.

Somehow, because I make a statement here at White Blaze, about alcohol and drug abuse on the trails and in shelters, there are a few who would like to turn it into something else.
However, it’s ironic and remarkable, how the party crews on the trail would criticize other crews with a lot worst then what I’ve said here.
Behind each other’s back, they would rip each other to shreds. You would hear, them talk what a “Ho” one girl is. How big of a**hole someone else is. How next time they mouth off, someone’s going to get their “a** kicked”. So not only hypocrisy, there was self-righteousness amongst them as well. They felt they were better then another crew because they can hold their liquor better, didn’t make a big scene, didn’t barf, and a host of other petty complaints. You would get, the constant bitching from one crew about another who’s parents were paying for the adventure and between those who had to beg, borrow or steal to get drunk and high. While one crew was in recovery mode, they loved to complain, how one crew kept them up by their drinking and loud noise. They're the one’s who would love to bitch about any noise in which, someone either kept them awake or woke them up by, talking, snoring, packing, unpacking, and cooking. This was not just in the shelters, but in the hostels as well you could listen to the bitching. Yet when I would see them run into each other, they would be so pleasant and not say a thing.

So let me state this again. I don’t care how much someone wants to party. If they want to get drunk, high, stoned and have an orgy is none of my business. All I ask is that you have respect for other hikers.

However, lets be clear, there are many ways; the crews affect many aspects of the trail. IMO, I’ve seen many blue or yellow blaze from one shelter to the next. (That their right as well) However, its no big deal how much sleep they get, or how many miles they do that day, for they’re not on a schedule. Those who are there to hike the whole trail as best as possible suffer from lack of sleep and having to hike farther at times to try and stay ahead of a party crew.

Hostel owners have talked about how they would stay and not pay. I heard more then one hostel owner say, "They have money to get drunk, but can't pay me". There are fewer hostels on the trail and I’m not blaming it on just the party crews. However, go to Hanover and try and find a place to stay. The college use to be hiker friendly, but after so many incidents with drunken hikers now there are only a few, (And very expensive) choices for places to stay.

So what’s the solution?
There’s the quote, “Bad things happen when good people do nothing. So, I’m trying to find answers and solutions here. Here at White Blaze, is a place, where the fists can’t fly, and some nut can’t pull a knife or worst.

A message to Blue Jay. Once again, until you answer these 2 questions, posted at the beginning of this post, then, I feel you have nothing to offer.