WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Formerly "Totem"
    Images

Default Colgate Wisps on Woot.com for $0.21 per brush, today only

For those of you who use wisps...

http://woot.com/

48 pack for $10 shipped puts these at 21 cents a brush. If you buy 3, the shipping stays the same so you're looking at $19.97 which comes to $0.14 per brush.

These tend to come to $0.49 per brush in stores and $0.27 on other websites at times.

...and for those of you who do not use wisps: That's nice.

(This deal will end sometime today)
    up over the hills, theres nothing to fear
    theres a pub across the way with whisky and beer
    its a lengthy journey on the way up to the top
    but it ain't so bad if you have a great big bottle o'scotch

Quote Originally Posted by Manwich View Post
    For those of you who use wisps...

http://woot.com/

48 pack for $10 shipped puts these at 21 cents a brush. If you buy 3, the shipping stays the same so you're looking at $19.97 which comes to $0.14 per brush.

These tend to come to $0.49 per brush in stores and $0.27 on other websites at times.

...and for those of you who do not use wisps: That's nice.

(This deal will end sometime today)
    You beat me to it. I was wondering what you guys thought of this deal. If its really worth it to buy these things instead of bringing a filed toothbrush. On a week trip, my wife and I would need at least 3 of these packs. The last time I used these things, I was able to get 2 uses out of 1 wisp..

Use it once and throw it away!!!

Not very green is it?

Buy a real toothbrush. Once you've lost your teeth...

Yeah we should definitely use more disposable products... The weight savings are totally worth comprimising your childrens future...

I bought 2 packs from Wal Mart once. Wasn't impressed at all. A regular toothbrush is better and probably lighter than a few of the wisp.
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    I bought 2 packs from Wal Mart once. Wasn't impressed at all. A regular toothbrush is better and probably lighter than a few of the wisp.
    I've tried them before as well, and they feel gritty and do not leave my teeth with that clean feeling a nice brushing will give them.

Also for those of you who are prone to use the convenient things, if you floss with those disposable pick things, they put studies out that instead of always cleaning your mouth, some times they spread bacteria as well.

http://www.rei.com/product/751250

these are a better, far lighter choice - and none of the crud that's in commercial toothpaste!
    ad astra per aspera

Images

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    Yeah I think they're good to get rid of bad breath, but I don't think they're designed to replace a regular toothbrush. Plus, they are not vegetarian.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

I carried them awhile before going out with the regular toothbrush. They actually got my teeth more clean than a toothbrush but only because I rigorously used the little pointy end around every tooth front and back in meticulous fashion.
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

Waste of money and produce extra garbage, and they don't even clean as well as a regular brush. A regular toothbrush with half the handle cut off is plenty light.

++ New Posts ++