hey y'all... i just have a quick question. a friend of mine and i did the foothills trail in sc/nc last month and used his SD clip flashlight. on our five days out, all but one morning we woke up with condensation inside the tent. ( http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4346.123300603 ) it was enough to make our things uncomfortably wet come morning. we used the rainfly every night.

to the best of my memory, i've never had a problem with condensation in a tent. granted, this was the smallest tent i've slept in (this was my first time out backpacking... other experiences are limited to day hikes and just camping with 4-5 man tents), so i don't know if it has to do with the smaller area, or...?

i guess my main question is what causes condensation in a tent, what can be done to prevent it, and are there any tents that you recommend that you've not had a condensation problem with? i'm looking to get a 2-man tent for my thru-hike so that i'll have enough room for myself, my pack, and possibly my dog if i have to take her.

thanks so much.