WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ex-Priest Gary Mercure Accused of Raping 2 Altar Boys On Appalachian Trail - Queerty

WNYT

Ex-Priest Gary Mercure Accused of Raping 2 Altar Boys On Appalachian Trail
    Queerty
    ... mountains along the Appalachian Trail to help prosecutors there launch their case â?? something Mercure's defense attorney has tried shaming them for. ...
    Jury gets altar boy rape caseGlens Falls Post-Star

all 35 news articles »

More...

ewwwwwwwwww.......
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    ewwwwwwwwww.......

is that for the story or the source?
    ~Happiness is only real when shared~

Journal Entries
    Images

Given the excerpt from a news article I googled up (copied below) one has to wonder why the headline was written as it was. It does not appear that the alleged incidents took place on the Trail at all.

Jennings highlighted the lack of physical evidence linking his client to the charges, and pointed out that the so-called South County locale for the 1986 incident remains murky.

Jennings said investigators identified the spot - an Appalachian Trail parking area along Route 23 bordering Great Barrington and Monterey - from a sketch provided by the alleged victim of a nearly 25-year-old crime.

Jennings said the man, who hadn't returned to the site since 1986, selected the location based on his knowledge of the Berkshire County spur of the Appalachian Trail. The alleged victim, an outdoorsman and hiker, testified earlier there was a sign near the parking lot to the trailhead. But photos taken of the parking area in 1980 and 1988 - before and after the alleged attack - show no trace of a sign, according to Jennings.

"That may raise some doubt about the honesty of that testimony and the honesty of that allegation," he said.

In the case of the alleged 1989 victim, who claims Mercure raped him in the parking lot of the former Brodie Ski Area in New Ashford, Jennings reminded the jury that nobody other than the man himself had any knowledge of that trip to the Berkshires.

"He chose an activity that he's familiar with - skiing," Jennings said.
    Last edited by rickb; 02-15-2011 at 07:43.

Images

What's this world coming to?

Images

Hope he is sentenced to life in prison, that appears to be the maximum punishment for the crime. I wish there was a way to punish the folks that have aided and abetted the cover up of crimes like this for centuries.

does this all mean anyone can sue a childhood molester , get all their money, put them in jail and go hiking? cause id be rich as balls.this one gross freek who violated me many times as a 16 year old, is a wealthy southern antique dealer at the top of his profession probubly worth many millions of dollars.
    matthewski

Images

does this all mean anyone can sue a childhood molester , get all their money, put them in jail and go hiking? cause id be rich as balls.this one gross freek who violated me many times as a 16 year old, is a wealthy southern antique dealer at the top of his profession probubly worth many millions of dollars.
    It's worth a shot.

no way. dirty money. i think whats worth more than a shot is letting my very large and oftimes angry god crush him on the old winepress floor like a grape bursting his himlyness into a nothing. of course i would have to share the money by bestowing bacon apon baconless hikers as i thruhiked back and fourth for the rest of my life. lwolf would get turkeybacon.
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Given the excerpt from a news article I googled up (copied below) one has to wonder why the headline was written as it was. It does not appear that the alleged incidents took place on the Trail at all.
    Yeah, I didn't drill down into the story to back up the location inference. I simply approved the RSS feed, since the story seemed to have a tie-in.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

no way. dirty money. i think whats worth more than a shot is letting my very large and oftimes angry god crush him on the old winepress floor like a grape bursting his himlyness into a nothing. of course i would have to share the money by bestowing bacon apon baconless hikers as i thruhiked back and fourth for the rest of my life. lwolf would get turkeybacon.
    God forgives, The Weasel crushes, why don't you hit him up for some friendly legal advice?

++ New Posts ++