WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

picador
    Journal Entries

Default Section AT hiker(s) needed

I need AT hiking partner(s) to do in 3 segments from Port Clinton, PA to Ashby Gap, VA (appr. 300 miles). I plan to do it from early May on this year, no matter NOBO/SOBO. I am a 76 male in good shape and I can easily put a 10-20 miles/day, but not as fast I used to do. Shuttle cars needed.
    I have done 1000 miles at AT and I want to do 1200 miles the next 4 years (4x300 miles/year) to finish. I am a 115er (#514/2006), I am hiking regularly twice a week year around and lead hikes for 20 years.
    I AM FLEXIBLE. Let me know, if interested.

Journal Entries

I did Springer to Pa. last year. I'm 61 and will probably be available to do this section in May. I'm from Ohio and could catch a Greyhound into Dunncannon. Not a fast hiker. E-mail me if interested. [email protected]

Default section hikingt partners

I too am an older hiker, experienced and in shape. I have done the AT northbound to Mt Rogers, and in May will go from there to Piersburg VA. I will be finsihing the CO trail midsummer, then back on the AT September and October to complete VA. I am always looking for hiking partners who are triail savvy, do 15 miles a day. If any of this fits your schedule, please let me know. I am flexible with dates.
    Katie Painted Lady

Another older hiker here - 63 - with no experience on the AT but plenty of backpacking experience out west. I live in NJ less than two hours from Port Clinton, PA. I have a car that could possibly be used for shuttling.

Anyway, I am available for section hiking in May and June and would love to discuss this further.

Images

Hi,
    I am doing SOBO from Harper's Ferry to Swift Run Gap 9/24 - 10-1 if interested. See my thread from 9/2. I am just starting my SOBO AT section hike and starting with VA.
    I am not in my 60's yet, but I don't run up the trail either at 52. If interested let me know.

I am thinking of going from Harpers Ferry to Elkton VA or the reverse late Sept to early October. Interested
    Katie

++ New Posts ++