WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

One serious consideration is waiting for the REI dividend and 20% and get the Heluim. I could then get a 30 degree and should be covered.

Thanks for the input

irreverent
    Images

consider a 15 deg. down bag for your lower end. i live outside dc and the areas accessible to this area- snp, etc- can unexpectedly dip in temp overnite in the shoulder seasons. a 35 deg bag will do better in the warm part of the year...consider one with continuous baffles that allow you to shake down under you for when warmer or over you for colder. consider also getting a full length zipper to allow you to open it up for more of a blanket under certain conditions. the size of the bag can be spec'd from good manufacturers (wm and ff come to mind) to fit your sleeping style. consider some amount of watershedding capability in the shell depending on your shelter and the condensation/misting problem in this humid, rainey area.

Quote Originally Posted by Grampsb View Post
    One serious consideration is waiting for the REI dividend and 20% and get the Heluim. I could then get a 30 degree and should be covered.

Thanks for the input
    That sounds like a great idea. Again though I would suggest looking at a quilt for a warmer weather cover. You can look at the GoLite 1+ Season quilt (in down) and that should work great. Plus use the 40% off coupon for a great savings.
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

I would go with a greater spread on the ratings if you are looking at purchasing two items. A 10-15 degree bag is seriously warm, then a 30+ bag for warmer times. Sucks to be cold. Lots of choices, IMO, spend big money on the warmest one, can go less cash on the warm weather one.

good luck, and work to get proper sizing, fit is key. Try on a few bags that you know the dimensions on. Makes internet shopping easier when comparing bags/quilts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++