WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by moytoy View Post
    I walk 6-10 miles 5 times a week and I usually have stiff knees when I get up in the mornings. 10-12 miles with a pack will also render my knees stiff. I've never tried eating enough gelatins to test the effect on my joints but it might be worth a try.
    I did try a diet with lots of gelatin last March and part of April. I ate one large pack of knox gelatin everyday for 6 weeks. I put it in my soup or ramen noodles. I didn't really notice any difference in my knee stiffness. If anything my knees were stiffer than usual.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

What's up with all the interest in Jello all of a sudden? I must have missed the memo.
    Last edited by Spokes; 12-23-2011 at 11:15.

Journal Entries
    Images

Spokes, I have been suffering from knee pain over the last year and was trying some stuff out - bottom line I got professional help and tried the jello at home.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

The ReGen recovery beverage has high cocoa solids and also carageenan. I must admit I've also been curious about gelatin in a recovery food, I suppose the marketers of ReGen would tend to stay away from meat products, they just took the carmine out of a product that's had it for 110 years or so.

I eat non/low sugar, with no artificial sweetener(despise it), gummy bear type candies. My nails do grow faster and the general health of my cuticles seem to be better, my joints have no existing problems so I can't comment. I have friends, with various joint problems, who swear that eating gelatin helps tremendously, must be something to this dessert.

Journal Entries
    Images

ahh SW enjoy it while you can
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Any of your gelatin- experiments show promise for recovery from baldness? The protein seems to be the right makeup.

Journal Entries
    Images

thats a new one... no ... Besides bald is in.... shave the eyebrows get a "AT" tattoo - you da man (whole new attitude) and get a whole new lease on life

Get Heathy! I hung out with a great freind who went there with cure for cancer and lost all his hair at 20 years old.... nobody ever considers that 10 years old is 1/2 way though life... he's still alive and wonderful - hair is overated. Wait till you see the beards on the trail!

Woo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++