WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

In my 17 years of marriage, my wife has been married to 5 different men . . . and they've all been me!!!!

Images

What about just lust on the trail? Love is good, but a one night stand in the tent could go a long way towards increasing morale and making a thru hike (heck even a four day weekender) a lot better... For singles, not married dudes like me.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

should i call the police?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelessWanderer View Post
    Not on a thru hike but I meet my now husband 15 years ago on a hike. His father forced him to lead a girl scout hike, and well, of course you shouldn't throw a 13 year old boy into a girl scout camp and not expect something to happen.
    I meant to quote this first and the say:::

should I call the police?

Hmm, Did she then drive off in a Range Rover by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Theosus View Post
    What about just lust on the trail? Love is good, but a one night stand in the tent could go a long way towards increasing morale and making a thru hike (heck even a four day weekender) a lot better... For singles, not married dudes like me.
    alot of waitress's along the way
    Last edited by CrumbSnatcher; 02-17-2012 at 00:07.

lol, no!! I was 12! lol, was totally legal!

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungOne View Post
    I remember a while back there was a list of reasons why people decided to do a thru hike. Some mention weight loss, beating cancer, but some also mention divorce and breakups.

So has anyone found love on the trail? Did a chance encounter lead to a relationship, or even marriage?
    I found true love on the trail. Every time I look at my husband after a great day of hiking or a hard day it doesn't matter - I fall in love all over again.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Journal Entries
    Images

Irish Dream and Falling Turtle are getting married at trail days or so they say at Riff Raff.
    Irish Dream is the name he was given.
    Falling Turtle's with whom he's been living'.
    They share the same bed,
    And soon will be we'd.
    At last they have found their blue heaven.

Well, I've got to figgure out how to get this thread deleted before my wife, "The Admiral" reads it. I have convinced her that the only romance on the trail is either with bears or Sasquatch. All this trail romance must be young folks. After hiking all day, I have just enough energy to set up camp before I go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    Well, I've got to figgure out how to get this thread deleted before my wife, "The Admiral" reads it. I have convinced her that the only romance on the trail is either with bears or Sasquatch. All this trail romance must be young folks. After hiking all day, I have just enough energy to set up camp before I go to sleep.
    Well have you thought about taking "Horny Goat Weed"?

hahaha, I don't want her to know about that either or I'll never get any rest!

I have. Woman seems to love to tell, "take a HIKE!!!" What a great thing to say!

Wolf

i think the trail keeps telling me im missing this part "love"that is

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    LOL! Having the same issues with my couch-potato hubby. Thankfully he does not use the computer very often. And when he does it's often a matter of: "Please turn on the computer and find this site for me...oh and can you put in my password for me too?"

I keep telling him. "Most men on the trail are much younger than I am."

Shhhh!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungOne View Post
    I remember a while back there was a list of reasons why people decided to do a thru hike. Some mention weight loss, beating cancer, but some also mention divorce and breakups.

So has anyone found love on the trail? Did a chance encounter lead to a relationship, or even marriage?
    Loved reading this thread! Any more new stories?

When I hiked the PCT, a couple frormed in the desert of SoCal. ~3 weeks latter in the middle of the High Sierra, several days from any road or civilization, the guy dumps her in a spectacular way. For the next 1000 miles, the registers were full of nasty comments from her as she hiked ahead of him. Oh the disfunction and drama of the trail!

Between the physical exertion of doing 25+ mile days almost everyday and not being around very any woman for any real length of time, I just never really thought of lust or love on the trail. The only woman I had any interest in was the waitress carrying a large tray of food to my table. So I have to wonder what some people are eating because I'm apparently doing it wrong.

IMG_2446.jpgI found love on the trail.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++