WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

where is everyone going to hike this weekend/

to hell in a handbasket?

just an educated guess.
    matthewski

Benton MacKaye Trail in GSMNP.

aka Kudzu
    Images

I'll be out at the St Johns River Cleanup Saturday morning for a few hours. After that I'm southward bound to meet some friends for a little hiking along the Florida Trail through the Ocala Natl Forest. Should be a good weekend.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Images

There are indeed a lot of good plans! All ive done is sleep. I did go to wally world this morning to get some food. Its important that I don't run out of cheez-its! Its going to be in the 70s all weekend. Why couldn't I have gotten sick on Monday?

Hope you feel better woman!
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    Making the trip to Roanoke to hike McAfee Knob with wife and daughter on Saturday.
    Hey, hope we'll run into you. We should start hiking from 311 around 9 or so heading towards Daleville.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Moving out of my apartment, saying goodbye to friends and family, then driving to Georgia. I'll be on Springer Mountain one week from today, heading to Maine baby!!

Images

Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama

Taking a group of 6 scouts to Mt Rogers to do the AT-Pine Mountain loop and see the ponies.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I'll be out at the St Johns River Cleanup Saturday morning for a few hours. After that I'm southward bound to meet some friends for a little hiking along the Florida Trail through the Ocala Natl Forest. Should be a good weekend.
    Looking forward to reading your take on that section of the FT. I have hiked from Hopkins to Juniper but have not gone north. Are you leaving cars at both ends.

I am going to hike Torreya on the 26th and 27th heard that it is beautiful over there. I have sectioned about 50 miles of the FT since January just a weekend warrior no lottery yet.

Hope you have a great hike.

www.meetup.com/florida-trekkers
    Last edited by Ladytrekker; 03-18-2011 at 12:16.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    Make me jealous with the awesome hikes you have planned. I was originally going to do trail maintenance with the GATC but I'm not unable to do so. I went to the Dr. today with what I thought was an ear infection but it turns out that I have strep throat BAD. My throat looks so bad that they even took an extra swab to send to the lab.
    Ah bummer! Sorry! Take care.

I'm hoping to catch the full moon Sat. night on top of the bridge at Natural Bridge SP. Supposed to be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple_Sky View Post
    ... Any advice on how to get them hooked? I'm keeping the mileage low, picking a beautiful campsite with lots of points of interest, and bringing something good for dinner..
    The good weather helps.

How about a bottle of wine with dinner?

aka Kudzu
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ladytrekker View Post
    Looking forward to reading your take on that section of the FT. I have hiked from Hopkins to Juniper but have not gone north. Are you leaving cars at both ends.

I am going to hike Torreya on the 26th and 27th heard that it is beautiful over there. I have sectioned about 50 miles of the FT since January just a weekend warrior no lottery yet.

Hope you have a great hike.

www.meetup.com/florida-trekkers
    I'm looking forward to it. I like the section between Alexander and Juniper. Much different imho from Juniper to Hopkins. I'm curious what the Hopkins to Salt Springs section is like. The guys I'm hiking with are starting at Alexander today so their car will be there. Then they'll meet up tomorrow with the rest of the group and hike from Juniper to Hopkins. I'll roll in tomorrow after the cleanup and head to Salt Springs where another friend that lives in the area will shuttle me from SS back to Hopkins. Sunday we'll hike to my truck and I'll take them back to Alexander.

I just finished charging up both batteries for the video camera. Hopefully I'll have some good video and plenty of pics to share.

You've done a good bit this year already. Another friend and I have been talking about hitting the Suwanee picking up where we left off when we hiked from Olustee to Deep Creek. Might try to squeeze it in next month. It would be a good lead in before hitting the AT again in May.

Torreya looks nice. Might have to head west and start checking out more of that area.

I call dibs on the lotto.

Sierra, hope you feel better. I took 3 days off work last week and still can't hear much in my right ear. I guess I should go to the Dr.
    Last edited by JaxHiker; 03-18-2011 at 13:33.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

I hiked last weekend so that I would have this weekend for Spring Break , beach and concerts. Its tough in Fl this time of year....trying to decide which band to go hear while you drink adult beverages.

Noob

Thought about going to Bankhead forest but can't this weekend. Hopefully next weekend will be just as nice and I can get out.

The internet is calling and I must go. buff_jeff's Avatar

Well, Pitt plays on Saturday so I'm not going anywhere...but Sunday I'm going to do some trail work in PA.

I'll probably be somewhere in Tuscarora State Forest, but I haven't fully made up my mind as to just where to hike.
    --
    EJS
    (Ed. S)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    The good weather helps.

How about a bottle of wine with dinner?
    Great idea! ... now is it red or white with Spam? Perhaps just Boone's Farm and a Moonpie

Nah, seriously, wine sounds great! I'm bringing an antipasto pasta salad (sounds redundant), so I'm guessing white?

this is a prime thread. it cannot be divided by itself even.a prime thread is one in witch no post points out spelling or goes off topic or gets rude. every post is realtime and not a bunch of pastings. very impressive.
    you have allready taken the first steps to becoming the fith race.
    thor
    supreem comander of the asgaurd high fleet
    matthewski

takin' gypsy to gatlinburg on the harley and gettin' married in one of the them fine drive-thru chapels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++