WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thumbs down Kuhl Jeans review.

I bought a pair of Kuhl Jeans March 6th to replace a pair that I bought 3 years ago and finally wore out. Unfortunately Kuhl has joined the ranks of outdoor companies making and marketing outdoor clothing not for outdoor use.
    Their current offering of Kuhl jeans can't even standing up to the type of wear found in your average office building. The color is fading quite noticeably in the seat of the pants. I wore them 5 or 6 times when I biked 2 miles to work which takes about 10 minutes and maybe the same number of times driving to work. I work as a cashier now so I'm on my feet all day. The two pairs I puchased years ago I wore to work for 2 years while working as a golf course superintendant. Which is hard on clothes as anyone who works as landscaper can attest to, and they took it like a champ with out showing any adverse fading, stains or wear. When I contacted the company asking if they had any problems with the color fastness on current productions of the pants. The customer service rep replyed that the fading on the seat is normal as they are treated with a "vintage patina dye" thats intended to show wear.
    Not what I would expect from supposedly the same product I bought 3+ years ago and beat the tar out of.
    I did send pictures of the new pair vs the 2 old pairs to the company and tryed to post it under the review option on the Kuhl website but I highly doubt it will show up as they have to approve any reviews
    If anyone wants to look for themselves https://cid-804b0b38f767a15e.skydriv...m7VvsgoFo28%24

So I am currently looking for a new brand of outdoor pants that can multitask are tough, lightweight and dry quickly. I prefer snaps I hate buttons they never last long and I don't do elastic waist bands.
    "Work sucks! I'm going to the mountains."

What's this got to do with shelters?

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RETCW4 View Post
    Really big jeans do double duty at old school canvas tents?
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by RETCW4 View Post
    Absolutely nothing

I got side tracked before I wrote the review the dog was throwing a fit about the weather outside
    so can one of the mods move it up a couple places to the clothing page

I haven't worn jeans in years. I don't own anything cotton anymore. I wear hiking clothes, fast drying synthetic stuff. If it worked for my thru, it is practical enough for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbender View Post
    I haven't worn jeans in years. I don't own anything cotton anymore. I wear hiking clothes, fast drying synthetic stuff. If it worked for my thru, it is practical enough for everything else.

Too bad. A comfy cotton t is nice after a long backpacking trip.

And for trail work, heavy canvas or cotton blends seem to take abrasion better than pure nylon-type pants. ( I wear 50/50 cotton/poly BDUs for trailwork myself. Cheaper than the expensive hiking pants, takes more abuse too it seems. ). But that's just me....

More importantly, I don't feel the need to always want to look like I am about to hit the trail.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post

More importantly, I don't feel the need to always want to look like I am about to hit the trail.
    But that is one of my favorite things about hiker get togethers.... seeing folks that aren't going hiking and haven't been hiking, but are still all dressed up as a hiker.
    How knows when a 20 mile day might break out.
    What? Me worry??

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckRye View Post
    But that is one of my favorite things about hiker get togethers.... seeing folks that aren't going hiking and haven't been hiking, but are still all dressed up as a hiker.
    I do it for simplicity and practicality. Also, the stuff I wear is low key, it doesn't have brand names and all that crap all over it. Since I only own 3 changes of clothing, it needs to be as simple and versatile as possible.

They are a mix of 67% cotton and 33% synthetic. How every they weave the differant materials togeather it made a pair a pants that wore like a pair of Jeans but would dry in minutes.

Images

After my tour in Iraq, immediately upon my return a shower, jeans, t-shirt and walking around barefoot on my carpet were most assuredly in order! I'll always have a pair of jeans or two around. Always!

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckRye View Post
    That is also known as a costume.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
    After my tour in Iraq, immediately upon my return a shower, jeans, t-shirt and walking around barefoot on my carpet were most assuredly in order! I'll always have a pair of jeans or two around. Always!
    Well, I am not saying they are worthless, but everything I own is stripped down to bare minimum, including clothing.

++ New Posts ++