WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
    Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    well, sexy then

Not a baaaaaaad looking sheep!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Bunch of old farts on this site. They are jealous of the young guys who do a bong, beat then to town, drink beer, and get laid and out hike their feeble old bodies by ten miles while starting at 10 AM !

If you don't like trail magic from past hikers or trail angels walk on by and camp alone. Crotchety old whiners!

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    bunch of old farts on this site. They are jealous of the young guys who do a bong, beat then to town, drink beer, and get laid and out hike their feeble old bodies by ten miles while starting at 10 am !

If you don't like trail magic from past hikers or trail angels walk on by and camp alone. Crotchety old whiners!
    hear! Hear!
    “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.” -Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    Bunch of old farts on this site. They are jealous of the young guys who do a bong, beat then to town, drink beer, and get laid and out hike their feeble old bodies by ten miles while starting at 10 AM !

But not complaining would go against the ever popular Hike Your Own Hike saying where you shouldn't worry about what other people do on the trail.

Oh...wait...

Just think about how much all of this "Trail Magic" has done to damage the fine art of "Yogiing"...............(I'm not sure about the spelling, but I like the way it looks - probably means something in Japanese ).
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by curtisvowen View Post
    you don't get it, or maybe I don't, I'm trying to run a business and you set up a hiker feed south of me then I don't have business etc. It wasn't a 1 time thing but on going. The is my life bro. Feed the family etc. I'm not pissed but it's just the principal of it that I guess some don't seem to get in this particular.
    I actually don't get what business you are trying to run. Hostel? Restaurant? Either way I would eat the trail magic AND go the hostel and the restaurant. So I don't see the problem. Also in general the people putting on the feeds are likely not farmers so I would guess they buy the food at least in Georgia if not in local stores. i know the many times I've filled coolers the food and soda and beer was all purchased close to where the cooler ended up. ( five or ten feet before the road, I'm too lazy to schlep it to a shelter. Do people actually do that? besides just a couple of cans of pepsi? ) I once carried a tall boy beer 39 miles on the PCT that was given to me as trail magic. I ended up drinking it in a motel but hey, its the thought that counts)

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

anybody who waits by the trail and hands me a beer as I walk by is a saint and should be revered. If there's one every half mile...then holy is the pantheon of saints. amen.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
++ New Posts ++