WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Thru parking

Default Thru parking

I am moving to the East coast with my car and looking for place to store it in georgia or carolinas for the duration of my thru hike. I could use self storage, it just seems the price will be a little bit steep. Does anyone have suggestions for a good place? My friend suggested contacting trail angels who might have lotsa of land, but that seemed imposing. Thanks for your suggestions.

Images

I'd suggest selling such a large asset.
    -milkman

got soul?

Images

If you don't mind leaving it outdoors you can park it at Amicalola Falls until you finish your thru. I don't think they even charge you, just make you fill out a form to put in the windshield with the date of your return and ask you to park it way in the back of the lot.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Images

I think you have to pay the standard parking fee of $3. Unless it has gone up a dollar or two.

Seriously, you are allowed to leave the car there for up to six months. But do talk to the rangers to make sure you've filled out the paperwork correctly.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Thanks all. I'm holding onto my car since the costs of selling and buying a similiar model are quite high.

I'm sure there's a place in Atlanta that offers monthly parking. Just be sure to pay up 6 months in advance. If you get a place that isn't prime office parking I'm sure it would be much cheaper than self-storage.

++ New Posts ++