WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepley View Post
    Mushrooms like it if you pick them. They are the fruiting bodies of the mycellia that we can not see. Their sole purpose is to spread spores that will travel far away to germinate on suitable substrate. If you pick them, be sure to put them in an open basket to maximize spore dispersion. Done properly, mushroom picking forays can be rewarding for both mushrooms and people.
    Sounds like a great justification for picking edible fungi if the spores are mature and the sporangia release them at the stage people pick them. I doubt this to be the case, but I have been wrong on occasion.

your all makeing me sad. but glad too. that i got to mushroom with old man bobby perone. he was an italian guy in the hood. knew me since placenta. allways helped me out. lent me bucks for diapers when max was a kid and i was broke. took me shroomin in jersy each year on his propertys. he had a little tour. knew where everything was. loaded his blue truck with baskets from crabbing season and his hanging scale. his big money maker was oyster. the old italian cooks jarred it each year when booby gathered. he would sell half a pick up bed full of shrooms in about 4 minutes. each old lady wanted an equal share of his treasure and scampered across the street clutching those head scarves they have , running for the once a year paydirt.
    matthewski

mweinstone maybe you should cut back on the "jersy" shrooms

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    your all makeing me sad. but glad too. that i got to mushroom with old man bobby perone. he was an italian guy in the hood. knew me since placenta. allways helped me out. lent me bucks for diapers when max was a kid and i was broke. took me shroomin in jersy each year on his propertys. he had a little tour. knew where everything was. loaded his blue truck with baskets from crabbing season and his hanging scale. his big money maker was oyster. the old italian cooks jarred it each year when booby gathered. he would sell half a pick up bed full of shrooms in about 4 minutes. each old lady wanted an equal share of his treasure and scampered across the street clutching those head scarves they have , running for the once a year paydirt.
    Great story, I can see the scarves now....good memories.
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    beware the false morell
    its stem is full
    of lies and deciet
    and death over it all the while

matthewski has spoken so shall it be
    You'd have to be on shrooms to mistake a morell for anything but a morell.

Journal Entries
    Images

I was in Lost Mountain Shelter in 2009 on the Thursday b4 Trail Days & 2 guys hammocking there left at Midnight & hiked into Damascus saying they were doing it because there were mushrooms Damascus??? Them guys must really like mushrooms : o )
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++