WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Monkey Butt

Two easy things I did to erase this issue for me:

Got some biker short undies.
    Put a swipe of antiperspirant on the spots I know will be trouble before I hit the trail.

The first helped me stay much drier in general and eliminated any rubbing from seams. The second prevented the salt from sweat abrading those tender spots. Also, the skin coated with the stuff tends to just slide a little better.

Cost was under $15 total.

Garlic
    Images

I keep the area clean and it's never an issue any more. Very rarely I get a minor case of jock itch or athlete's foot and I carry a small tube of anti-fungal cream on longer hikes.

My friend gets it sometimes and he applies a little Neosporin to the cleaned area if it's very painful. He says it's always fine after a night's rest.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

Images

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    there is actually something called monkey butt...

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Bu...ata/B001W4FKDU

I have used and LOVE Monkey Butt Powder. Besides the obvious use, the nearly fragrance free powder with calamine makes a dandy foot powder. When I am sticky and sweaty but not enough water to wash up, I sprinkle this on my body and I don't stick to my sleeping bag. LOVE it.
    Sue Buak

good old corn starch is good to ... lol had to use it a few times

I'm going to skip lunch........
    ad astra per aspera

a general rule of thumb when you have a skin rash is that if it's wet, dry it, and if it's dry, moisten it. if your sensitive area is already moist, then an anti-fungal cream is less desirable than an anti-fungal powder, assuming (as is a reasonable guess) that this is in fact a fungus. tolnaftate 1% powder is a good OTC solution, comes under several brand names, also is used for athletes foot. the other suggestions like baby powder, etc are good if it's just general irritation, but a medicated powder will work more quickly if it's fungal.

Monkey's call it Hiker-Butt.

A little tube of Medicated Lip Gloss is all you need. I'm not going to tell this secret again.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
    A delicate subject for delicate areas. I can't believe I'm the only one who has rash problems with those tender bits. Any advice on how to avoid and how to treat?
    Use diaper rash ointment, which can double as sunscreen, if it has Zinc Oxide.

rubbing alcohol burns like hell for 10 min but ur good after try it i swear it works but id stay away from cotton and all that it just adds to your problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++